Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been posting here a little bit for a month or so now. Just traded my 2012 Outback on a black Limited model with ivory interior. I have one of the rare Limiteds without package 23. I can certainly do without navigation and the HK stereo (will upgrade myself). The stock stereo isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's pretty serviceable for low-volume listening. I kind of wanted the pano roof, but not for $3k and a two month wait. It came with the trailer hitch (yes!), rear bumper protector, auto dimming side mirrors, cargo tray, and the sunshade (a little too bulky to really want to carry around. I'm adding the rear seat back protector myself (already ordered). Many more "mods" to come, but nothing extreme.

I found my car as a dealer order that was not pre-sold. I put a deposit around 8/8 and it arrived on 8/17! Did I get lucky or something? It had 3 miles on it and 10 after I test drove it. Did it all over email and was in and out of the dealer in about 2.5 hours yesterday. Love the Ascent so far!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Nice! I also didn't go with Pkg 23. Wanted that extra headroom :) Looks good!

Reactions: rockthebeef

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome to the family fellow black ascenter ;)

Any pics of the ivory interior? I was tempted to go with the ivory but ended up with the black instead.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the family fellow black ascenter ;)

Any pics of the ivory interior? I was tempted to go with the ivory but ended up with the black instead.
Here are some pics I had on my phone. I've had black interiors forever, so I wanted to switch it up this time. I plan to keep a spray bottle of leather soap and a microfiber towel in one of the third row cupholders just in case a potential stain happens. But overall, I'm not too scared of the light interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Here are some pics I had on my phone. I've had black interiors forever, so I wanted to switch it up this time. I plan to keep a spray bottle of leather soap and a microfiber towel in one of the third row cupholders just in case a potential stain happens. But overall, I'm not too scared of the light interior.

Man, that looks nice!

Thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations!

Any recommendations for the leather care and brand? I got the black, w/ Black leather in limited. I really like how the black has a glitter effect in the sunlight and at night is is pure black.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations!

Any recommendations for the leather care and brand? I got the black, w/ Black leather in limited. I really like how the black has a glitter effect in the sunlight and at night is is pure black.
I've used the wipes and conditioners, but they all seem to leave a greasy residue. I stopped looking when I found Leather Soap. It restored my Outbacks 6-year-old shiny driver's seat back to a new matte-look. It took a lot of scrubbing (with a drill brush) but it got the job done. I'm hoping if I just stay on top of keeping the Ascent's seats clean, then I won't have any major issues to deal with later.

https://www.amazon.com/Aircraft-Furniture-Automotive-Products-Specifications/dp/B003VSELWG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1534880965&sr=8-6&keywords=leather+soap

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks!!

I've used the wipes and conditioners, but they all seem to leave a greasy residue. I stopped looking when I found Leather Soap. It restored my Outbacks 6-year-old shiny driver's seat back to a new matte-look. It took a lot of scrubbing (with a drill brush) but it got the job done. I'm hoping if I just stay on top of keeping the Ascent's seats clean, then I won't have any major issues to deal with later.

https://www.amazon.com/Aircraft-Fur...8&qid=1534880965&sr=8-6&keywords=leather+soap

Awesome! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/Aircraft-Furniture-Automotive-Products-Specifications/dp/B003VSELWG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1534880965&sr=8-6&keywords=leather+soap
They must not have used this product on any planes I have flown on recently!!:grin: Thank you for the link. Please let us know how it reacts with the "leather" in the Ascent.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They must not have used this product on any planes I have flown on recently!!:grin: Thank you for the link. Please let us know how it reacts with the "leather" in the Ascent.
That cleaner works well on the Ascent. I had some blue jean dye transfer on the side of the driver's seat and it took it right off. I also used this stuff with a drill brush attachment to bring old shiny leather seats back to the factory matte finish. Part of the reason I was OK with getting the ivory interior was that I knew that I had a good cleaner I could use. I still need to get a conditioner though... Something that does not leave a shiny residue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts