Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were these options on Ascents?

I know Subaru Pacific has these as an option from the Service/Parts Department, but were these an option on some models? I'm seeing on ebay black housed LED headlights, but i can't tell which model/trims these came from. Anyone have any ideas?

Also wondering if the sellers were confused and they were actually outback headlights. maybe the headlights are the same?! anybody know?

Ebay examples:

LED Black Housed:

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
No Ascents have had the option that I know of. If I’m not mistaken, because it’s been a while, I think someone did post about swapping the Outback headlights into the Ascent at one point.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wasn’t all that long ago that subaru peeps used to bake their headlights in order to open up the unit and spray paint (black out) the inside just like that.... o_O:rolleyes::sneaky:
seems like that particular unit may have been obtained from a junkyard? Some of the tabs look broken or scratched up.. at least that would be my guess. Agree with xydadx3 - no OEM blacked out headlights were available as an option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was one of those people who did the baking (used a heat gun) on my 07 Forester and my 97 Outback sport. I personally think it looks better than the chrome and done right looks amazing. The new onyx XT has them and I think they look much better than the chrome housing headlights. Would be awesome if they fit. I don't think I'd ever want to do it to these lights tho as the moving projector mechanism is too scary to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts