Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did you get a second panel to butcher, or is that the original? I'm not sure that it necessarily looks any better or worse. The raw cut edges is making my OCD flare up. A suggestion might be to find some plastic/rubber edge molding for the cut openings, to give it a more 'finished' look. I like the idea though!

·
Registered
108 Posts
how do you attach Safety Tow Chains ?
Wow, I tow our campers quite often, and that hadn't even crossed my mind. Good catch. Excuse me while I go make some more coffee ?☕

I'm guessing the OP takes the cover off while towing, but just wanted to cover the clutter without having to remove the drawbar when not towing.

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't use an anti-rattle clip myself, but you might also consider just cutting away the center portion above the hitch adding access for the safety chains and 7pole connector then smooth the cuts out. Maybe even some of that stiff brush edging to close up the portions around the hitch and safety chains but still allow access.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m hoping that Subaru sees the need to make it's own version of the "hitch-in" cover. It was the first thing I asked for when I picked up my new Ascent and saw how ugly the look is when the cover is off. Come on Subaru. You can give us a better look for our beautiful Ascent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We had been warned that those small hitch-clips that hold the hole for the pin that keeps the cover tightly in place, are the 1st things that get lost. To correctly and securely re-attach that hitch cover panel requires being on the ground and looking at what you are doing. gonna suck in bad weather.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We had been warned that those small hitch-clips that hold the hole for the pin that keeps the cover tightly in place, are the 1st things that get lost. To correctly and securely re-attach that hitch cover panel requires being on the ground and looking at what you are doing. gonna suck in bad weather.
Cell phone on the ground in selfie mode works - ok, maybe not in bad weather but this is what I used the other day to stay off the ground!

·
Registered
918 Posts
You could get the rubber door edge molding from Amazon and put around the cut edges. Would clean up the look quite a bit.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
To correctly and securely re-attach that hitch cover panel requires being on the ground and looking at what you are doing. gonna suck in bad weather.
I have not found that to be the case and don't need to see them to do the job...it's easy entirely by feel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts