Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a 3rd key fob for a 2022 Ascent in the New England area.

Granite Subaru (Hudson NH just over the border from Mass) is quoting between $400 and $500 (I'm not sure why there's a range).

Does anyone have direct experience with a cheaper source for a reliable key fob that doesn't risk turning the car into a brick (as I've seen in a few horror story posts)?

Thanks!

Registered
2021 Ascent Premium White (NEW!! 馃槏) 2015 Legacy 3.6R White (Former 馃槶) 2006 Subaru Impreza (Former)
This is another area where I am OEM all the way.

Nothing like trying to get into/start your car in an emergency and have it fail.

Sorry I'm not much help, just my two cents.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm good with OEM... would prefer it... some dealers may be less expensive, I am not sure, just looking to "crowd source" a solution short of calling all the Subaru dealers one by one.

But if someone has a dramatically cheaper alternative... that is proven to be safe and reputable... I'd like to hear about that too.

Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
Many dealers across the US sell parts online at a discount. Do a little online searching to see if you can identify a deal that works for you, but in the end, the programming part has to figure into things, so you may be "stuck" with reasonably local to you in New England so figure that into your search, too.

Registered
I provided his name and phone number to you, and let him know you were going to call, but heard nothing more from either of you.

Heres a photo of my three fobs. 250 bucks worth of get out of jail insurance.
Car alarm Product Communication Device Font Material property

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I provided his name and phone number to you, and let him know you were going to call, but heard nothing more from either of you.
if you sent me the keyfob persons name and number, thank you! But I鈥檓 not sure how you sent it. I don鈥檛 think there鈥檚 harm in posting it for other peoples鈥 benefit.

I actually ended up talking with my dealer and they are giving us a free third fob - my appointment to pick it up and have them all programmed is tomorrow. I鈥檓 putting apple airtags on all of their key rings to help us keep track of and recover them if we ever lose one.

Next step is to program the wacky Morse-code tailgate button should someone somehow accidentally lock their unlockable fob in the car. :cool:

Premium Member
Napleton Subaru in Palatine, IL sold me one for under $200 recently. I was down to one fob. Then my son-in-law found the lost one deep in a couch when looking for a switch controller that his kids had lost. So now I have three! Very happy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Granite subaru in Hudson quoted $90 for programming a fob FWIW. They estimated it鈥檇 be an hour but It only took them about 20 minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts