Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What hitch connected bike rack is everyone using? Worth getting the Thule “made for Subaru” 4 bike carrier (SOA567B051)?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the single bike 1Up USA bike rack and I love it, however, it's really heavy so the multibike rack must weigh a ton

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have owned two of the 1UP roof racks for 7 years and 6 months ago I converted them to the hitch mount (so the same as the double heavy duty hitch rack) for use with my new Ascent. The two bike mount is a little heavy but the versatility makes up for it. I have BMX and mountain bikes so the racks allow a lot of different options to keep your bikes secure and off of each other. I don't think there is a faster loading bike rack out there.

1Up has great customer service and they sell all of their replacement parts with free shipping. I had them on the roof of my Outback here in the Midwest and I never took them off for winter. They look just as good as the day I got them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have older 2 inch 1UP USA double-rack for 80% of my bike outings (with the EZ Pull handle). And then I have two single rack add-ons when the entire family (4 bikes) goes riding. With 1UP USA, each rack tray is higher than the previous rack tray (one tray per bike) to help with ground clearance. So with the integrated tow hitch already high off the ground, that 4th rack tray sits high. Something to consider. If I were carrying 4 bikes all the time, I would probably get a hitch drop to lower the entire assembly. Not an issue with just 2 bikes though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts