Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light will be amber when Blind Spot detect other vehicle. Is it possible to have beep sound when you take a right/left turn?

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
No option for an audible alert. It’s solid amber when a vehicle is in the blind spot detector area, and blinks rapidly when your turn signal is on and a vehicle is there

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think Subaru felt that hearing a beep every time a car was on your right or left would get tiring. Still, it would have been nice to have it as an option. I know other vehicles have it. I would like to hear a beep if I turned on my signal to pass and another car was present. I don't always notice the lights, especially the one on the right. I sometimes look only into the rearview mirror for passing even though I should always be looking into the side view mirrors also.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I’d prefer an audible alert along with the light and also the rear traffic alert should over take the volume the radio is playing at.I was backing into a parking spot yesterday while it was raining (water drops on the camera) and luckily I saw the orange alert on the screen indicating an object was there.It was dark out so I placed the vehicle in park and jumped out to see a freakin shopping cart parked there already.Thank goodness I was paying attention to the screen.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
Audible alert for Blind Spot is not a feature on the Subaru implementation of blind spot detection. I miss it dearly, too. The light is a lot more effective at night, but there are crazy people out there driving during the day, too. That audible alert in my previous vehicle saved my bacon a number of times on the I-95 corridor between SE PA and Washington DC over the 6 years prior to my retirement. When folks are crossing multiple lanes at very, very high speed, weaving in and out of traffic, it can almost be impossible to see them...or see the nice amber light...in time to avoid a collision sometimes.

Reactions: marktoby

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It is possible to wire a 12 VDC Piezo buzzer in parallel with the light. These draw so little current it should not cause any issues. You can use a continuous buzzer or an intermittent one. The only question is how annoying it would be. Still, I may look into this.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
It is possible to wire a 12 VDC Piezo buzzer in parallel with the light. These draw so little current it should not cause any issues. You can use a continuous buzzer or an intermittent one. The only question is how annoying it would be. Still, I may look into this.
Is suggest figuring out where the flasher trigger is for the blind spot lights, and use that instead, wired through a relay or similar trigger to the piezo, to minimize being annoyed by it.

I personally don't like the sound, because it makes some people get lazy, and I wish to ensure that I am not one of those people, so, I have a different idea I am working on, which will be a rather extreme upgrade.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The light will be amber when Blind Spot detect other vehicle. Is it possible to have beep sound when you take a right/left turn?
Greetings,
I noticed your signature says 2018 Ascent Limited. I take it your list is personal chronology and not model year. Or is there more to it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts