Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been running Beamtech for over a year and a half now but I've been reading about how do much better DD SL1 H11 are so I though I'd give it a try.

Under $40 vs $140 bulbs.. if rather stick to the $40 set, it has the exact same output to my eyes.

This is not to meant to be scientific or whatever. It is just to show that a cheaper set can do the same as the expansive brand. Save yourself the $100+ for other mods.

Comparing the two side by side

Really close up to see the pattern

About 15' away from the garage, same cutoff, similar light pattern

Lights illumination on the road, there is no difference

·
Registered
680 Posts
i like DDSL1 @ 15 Ft ...
you can get $15 Luxmeter and do more realistic test

i still have Fanless model of Beamtech LED in a box and they are crap ... yet they have 2800+ Verified Purchases 5 star reviews ...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like DDSL1 @ 15 Ft ...
you can get $15 Luxmeter and do more realistic test

i still have Fanless model of Beamtech LED in a box and they are crap ... yet they have 2800+ Verified Purchases 5 star reviews ...
Mines isn't as you can see, maybe you got a dud.

·
Registered
680 Posts
never liked Diode Dynamic any way ... if i need LED bulbs again i likely to go for HIKARI (start with) they make DOT compliant models with Adjustable Beam ..

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never liked Diode Dynamic any way ... if i need LED bulbs again i likely to go for HIKARI (start with) they make DOT compliant models with Adjustable Beam ..
I tried hikari xhp50 , I'm not impressed either, too many squirrels would cause issues with traffic. Like this.. and that's dot compliant?? I doubt it.

I've tried a bunch of LEDs already.

·
Registered
680 Posts
i don't like OLD model in your picture LEDs are too far apart , new model Adjustable Beam (clock bulb correctly ) to remove squirrels and shadows..
HIKARI 2020, H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs, 150% Brightness, 100% Extra Night Visibility, TOP XHP50.2 LED 10400lm 6000K Cool White

·
Registered
680 Posts
last time in feb 2018 i end up with NAO after trying 8 different sets
Luxmeter was reading 5x over Fanless Beamtech model @ same 20ft ...
only down side was loud fan ...

·
Registered
559 Posts
I’ve got the hi and low beam Beamtechs and I’m pretty satisfied with them. Yes they’re bluer than I’d like and no, they’re not as good as a true oem LED or xenon system. But for how cheap they are, and that they’ve lasted me a year and a half, I’d give them two thumbs up!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve got the hi and low beam Beamtechs and I’m pretty satisfied with them. Yes they’re bluer than I’d like and no, they’re not as good as a true oem LED or xenon system. But for how cheap they are, and that they’ve lasted me a year and a half, I’d give them two thumbs up!
My thoughts exactly. But I figured I give the DD SL1 H11 a try.. failed. Lol. Waste of money but I will save it for a tundra, they use H11.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I like the design and function of the Auxito Y13 series of lights. The small copper mtg tab seems to make sense.

·
Super Moderator
2,419 Posts
But for how cheap they are, and that they’ve lasted me a year and a half, I’d give them two thumbs up!
I’ve had just the low beam beamtechs for 22 months now. Great bulbs for the money. No fan is a huge plus!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts