Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from the Bay Area mind sharing your dealer if you had a good experience in service and/or pricing?
Where I test drove (in east bay) dealer was not forthcoming with information on options or pricing and I want to avoid dealing with them if possible.
Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone from the Bay Area mind sharing your dealer if you had a good experience in service and/or pricing?
Where I test drove (in east bay) dealer was not forthcoming with information on options or pricing and I want to avoid dealing with them if possible.
Thanks!
I had a great experience with Ron at Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City. Purchased an 8 seater 2020 Premium with package 11 ( I believe), rear mats, crossbars, and some other features I don't recall. Paid $34K before taxes and title. Super easy to deal with, I highly recommend them as I called a lot of dealers and they were the best.

·
Registered
561 Posts
May be worth the drive out of the bay area. My recent deal at Shingle Springs Subaru is a 2020 Ascent Premium 7 seat with option pkg#12 and popular pkg #3 for $33,685 before taxes and title.
It's on the way to Apple Hill and who wouldn't want to drive their new Subaru to pick up a fresh apple pie?!
Oh, and 2 free season passes at Sierra At Tahoe ski resort with every purchase. Value approx $1,000.
Plus $750 Loyalty Certificate as a repeat buyer from the factory.

·
Registered
559 Posts
May be worth the drive out of the bay area. My recent deal at Shingle Springs Subaru is a 2020 Ascent Premium 7 seat with option pkg#12 and popular pkg #3 for $33,685 before taxes and title.
It's on the way to Apple Hill and who wouldn't want to drive their new Subaru to pick up a fresh apple pie?!
Oh, and 2 free season passes at Sierra At Tahoe ski resort with every purchase. Value approx $1,000.
Plus $750 Loyalty Certificate as a repeat buyer from the factory.
Yep pretty much the same deal I got from Shingle Springs Subaru. Plus the sales tax is only 7.25% as opposed to over 9% in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! thats very helpful to know...Also driving out of the bay area is a great idea...one point though...if you are driving a new car back wouldn't you be exceeding the recommended speeds during break-in period on the drive back?
Also sales tax is calculated on residence zip I believe versus purchase zip...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just keep it below 65 mph on the way back. Load up an audio book on your cell phone and stream it to the car audio, relax and enjoy the ride back. The Shingle Springs guys are pretty laid back compared to the Bay Area sharks.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Break-in isn't speed dependent. It's an rpm limit: below 4000 for the first 1000 miles. This is easy to comply with as there is plenty of power available to accelerate and drive at freeway speeds without exceeding 4000 rpm. Another break in limitation is to avoid constant rpm and vary rpm as you drive. This is easy to do and almost unavoidable with the way this CVT works. Not using cruise control helps comply with this.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Drive back to Bay Area taking back roads. Hwy 12 from Lodi is especially nice in the fall. Then cut over through Pleasant Hill, the Tunnel and into Berkley. Or take the route through Woodland, Lake Barryessa, Napa, Vallejo and over the Golden Gate bridge from the north.
If you do take I5, just leave the cruise control off and vary your speed. Should be a good break-in drive any of those routes.
And if you do go to Shingle Springs, call Tim at the internet sales team and tell them Jerry Heitman sent you and you want the same pricing he got. Ha! Tim sold me my last two Subarus. If he's not available, then Kevin is his boss and also knows me by name. Let Kevin know that Golden State Warrior tickets are on the line if he can't help you. (My son works for the Warriors and can get free tickets to games. I promised him a pair to any game this season) Seriously, these guys are not your stereotypical car salesmen.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drive back to Bay Area taking back roads. Hwy 12 from Lodi is especially nice in the fall. Then cut over through Pleasant Hill, the Tunnel and into Berkley. Or take the route through Woodland, Lake Barryessa, Napa, Vallejo and over the Golden Gate bridge from the north.
If you do take I5, just leave the cruise control off and vary your speed. Should be a good break-in drive any of those routes.
And if you do go to Shingle Springs, call Tim at the internet sales team and tell them Jerry Heitman sent you and you want the same pricing he got. Ha! Tim sold me my last two Subarus. If he's not available, then Kevin is his boss and also knows me by name. Let Kevin know that Golden State Warrior tickets are on the line if he can't help you. (My son works for the Warriors and can get free tickets to games. I promised him a pair to any game this season) Seriously, these guys are not your stereotypical car salesmen.
Thank you so much for this! This is my first Subaru and I am very excited...I will give Tim a call and mention this post :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts