Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
For folks in the bay area, any service departments you have had helpful experiences with?
My dealer unfortunately seems to be brushing aside my concerns, and Subaru corporate is relying on the dealer for accurate diagnosis to help me further...so I am kinda stuck in a catch 22...

So on the lookout for a new dealer to give me a second opinion!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
For folks in the bay area, any service departments you have had helpful experiences with?
My dealer unfortunately seems to be brushing aside my concerns, and Subaru corporate is relying on the dealer for accurate diagnosis to help me further...so I am kinda stuck in a catch 22...

Thanks!
Which state are you in? There are many states with ’Bay Area’s’. What dealership are you having problems with?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Hi,

Thanks!
You are correct that SOA relies on the dealerships to complete the diagnostics to develop a strategy. Given this reality it is imperative that the dealer precisely follow the SOA diagnostic protocols. You can ask the dealer what diagnostic steps they completed to come up with their conclusion. Compare that with SOA steps.

·
Registered
2021 ascent
27 Posts
I use to live in the Bay Area and I would stay away from the ones in San Jose capitol Subaru and stevens creek and also the one in Belmont area near that oracle building I believe it’s redwood shores if remember correctly all them have never been any help to me. Worst experience trying to buy from those places that I ended buying from a private owner 2+ hours away and then when I needed parts another headache with them.I hear Sacramento folks say good things about there dealership maybe check them out and up north more.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
36 Posts
I had the same question a few weeks ago. So hopefully this thread gets some traction with others input on Service department experiences in our area.

Recently went to Putnam Burlingame for my 6k oil change and rotation. Had to get the driver seat cooling fan and door trim looked at. Good attention and service. Although I paid more for the oil change and tire rotation than doing myself or going to an independent shop, the other two items are covered under warranty. Waiting on the parts to come in for replacement.

i thought about taking to Carlsen in Redwood City, but Putnam is closer. Will update after my next appointment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts