Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HVE A 2020 ASCENT TOURING. L
THIS WEEK COULDNOT ACCESS MY SUBARU ACCOUNT. 24 HOURS LATER Finally was able to access. They had changed password settings.
This morning battery was dead. Called roadside assistance and jumped it off. Was due at funeral. Tow driver jumped it off. Called sales manage at Douglas Subaru in waco Texas and he told me that Subaru has had problems with batteries failing in the heat. Told me I could go to a Subaru dealer and they would replace it. Now that is 70 miles one way and why would want another battery that would fail
Getting Interstate battery installed now.
It sucks after less than a month old. 1300 miles

·
Registered
154 Posts
I HVE A 2020 ASCENT TOURING. L
THIS WEEK COULDNOT ACCESS MY SUBARU ACCOUNT. 24 HOURS LATER Finally was able to access. They had changed password settings.
This morning battery was dead. Called roadside assistance and jumped it off. Was due at funeral. Tow driver jumped it off. Called sales manage at Douglas Subaru in waco Texas and he told me that Subaru has had problems with batteries failing in the heat. Told me I could go to a Subaru dealer and they would replace it. Now that is 70 miles one way and why would want another battery that would fail
Getting Interstate battery installed now.
It sucks after less than a month old. 1300 miles
Same here. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a non-OEM subaru battery at around the same mileage. Enjoy your new Ascent.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My battery had a leak and/or dead cell (they listed both). Replaced it with OEM and it has been fine. That said, I also had to replace an Outback battery for a dead cell too. I don't think batteries are a strong suit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a 2019 Outback (Purchased 4/15/19, about 7k miles) and a 2019 Ascent (purchased 5/30/19, about 8k miles). In January, my Outback battery died, replaced under warranty. Then about 2 weeks ago the Ascent battery died- as in "you gottta be f** kidding me, 2 batteries, less than a year?!". Stuck at home due to CV19, so I called up Subaru of America. Explained my issues, she had all the records (up to the Outback battery replacement). Asked her if I could simply purchase a better battery, replace it myself (not rocket science, that), and get reimbursed. Guess what - NO PROBLEMO ! Buy the battery, send them a receipt, SoA will reimburse me "as a one-time goodwill gesture". All they asked was how many miles on the Ascent (about 8k).

These are not my first Subaru's, but my first time dealing with SoA. So far, very impressed.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Subaru OEM batteries are poorly designed and will continue to cause issues. Do yourself a huge favor and get an aftermarket battery and these problems will all go away.

Best, most reliable battery for the money is the EverStart MAXX-35N at around $99. Available at Walmart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts