Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were away for a week and the 2019 Touring sat in the garage with a back door slightly ajar. When I tried to start the car I got all the warning lights and the headlights went on-off-on-off, etc. I couldn’t stop the cycling and clicking. Hurriedly hooked up a battery charger and it couldn’t handle the load. Had tried to shut off headlights to no avail. Found an older battery charger that could take the load but the headlights stayed on. Pulled four underhood fuses and the headlights went off.
After charging the battery it started but I had a check engine light and all eye sight features were turned off. Idle sounded rough so I assumed it was in limp mode.
Did a little research and tried the I-setup button. No luck. Hooked an OBD unit and found a P2109 DTC relating to throttle body sensor. I cleared the DTC and everything normalized. Eyesight back on. Oh and I had browsed through the isetup choices and selected system reset.
Not sure what got it back but it was scary.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,841 Posts
There are multiple threads in the "problems" area of the forum regarding leaving the tailgate open and draining the battery. You may want to check them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts