Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have been searching for a new car for about a month+. We currently have a 2012 Nissan Murano Platinum which has been great for us. I really love the Subaru Ascent, and we decided to go and test drive a 2021 Subaru Ascent Touring. When we arrived I noticed the Ascent while being the same color was not the one I had inquired about (different VIN numbers). I asked why and the salesman said that he couldn't find the car. They were very similar but the one I wanted had LED lights inside, which I really like so I asked if he could find the car. Well about 15 minutes later they come out with jumper cables and yup, the 2021 Ascent Touring had a dead battery. This car has three (3....) miles on it. So it hasn't even been test-driven. I research any decision I make and that led me here, and I've read all the horror stories about the batteries (before I even went in), which leads me to my question.

For those of you with battery problems, did buying a new better battery (say the Odyssey T version) fix all the battery problems? Or did they keep happening? I find it hard to believe that the problem is just a crappy battery and not some electrical problem draining the batteries when the car is off. My family is a one-car family and reliability is extremely important to us.

Thanks a bunch for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,176 Posts
All the showroom cars at the Subaru dealers I visited were connected to battery tenders. Did you check the build date? While it only had 3 miles on it, it may have been started dozens of times getting jockeyed around the lot. I wouldn't worry that much. Due to pandemic, my '20 sits 2-3 weeks sometimes and no problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.