Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ohhhh I can't believe this happening to me, I'm reading on this forum that many people have a battery issue and I'm like my is fine no problem. Yesterday my battery where completely dead and my jumper in the trunk but guess what subaru engineers not smart at all because if battery dead you can't open the trunk because it's electrical luck what stupidity is this! But today in the morning all was fine like noting. When subaru will pay us???? for our time that we have to spent to call to drive to the diller, because I have to leave work, I have to think about my battery now it's not nice at all.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Ohhhh I can't believe this happening to me, I'm reading on this forum that many people have a battery issue and I'm like my is fine no problem. Yesterday my battery where completely dead and my jumper in the trunk but guess what subaru engineers not smart at all because if battery dead you can't open the trunk because it's electrical luck what stupidity is this! But today in the morning all was fine like noting. When subaru will pay us???? for our time that we have to spent to call to drive to the diller, because I have to leave work, I have to think about my battery now it's not nice at all.
since you have read all the battery posts, you now know what to look for and how to approach the issue.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
773 Posts
And you also know how to get the rear hatch open in the case of a dead battery (it's in the owner's manual).

Specifically, it's in section 9-11 of the 2021 owner's manual that I found on the web...page 430. It should be in a similar location in a 2019 or 2020 owner's manual.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
How should we approach the issue?
sorry, I am not going to re-post what I and many others have already outlined in the forum. That is what the search engine is form and/or you can also go into posts from the profiles. The forum posts covers symptoms, battery parasitic drain testing, battery voltage levels, TSBs, new battery options and the reimbursement process.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
99 Posts
15 mos isn't great depending on usage. I live in Phoenix and figure about 24 mos, 36 max. But our area and it seems like modern automotive design are harder on batteries.

Mine usually poop out just about the time I forget about it 🙂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts