Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
That’s because people will put covers over plates to interfere with red light and speed cameras. Just sayin...
Ah, it's on the frame. That's cool.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Anyone put it on their actual body of their Ascent? I am very indecisive on where it will look best and if the surface is flat enough for it to stay stuck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Such an important life altering decision.... LOL... I put it on the bottom corner of the hatch. Seemed to be the flattest and easiest to keep straight when sticking it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I order magnetic bumper sticker strips from Amazon and adhered my badges to the strip and trimmed it with an exact knife. I can remove the entire strip whenever I need to go through the car wash (assuming I will remember!). So far it has stayed on quite well. I would have used the license plate frame but my has texture on it and nothing would stick to it.

This is what I ordered, but I have tons of it left over: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXIG11X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
I put mine above the Subaru logo. Seemed a more "balanced" location.

Attachments

Reactions: baronbvp

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
Free Badges of Ownership

New to Subaru ownership. Can someone explain the badges and how one would obtain the badges?
Sure. Go to the link below, enter your information, pick your interests, and which number Subaru this will be for you (eg: your first), and, you'll get these in the mail for free (including free shipping).

https://www.badgeofownership.com/

·
Registered
418 Posts
leaving the OEM stuff and adding the Badge of ownership on my license plate frame!

I think SOA should release their own plate that is meant for them; so they fit perfectly

This is how I had 'em on my Crosstrek, but now I'm using Subaru Ambassador plate frames, so I'm thinking I need to come up with somethin else. Not the biggest fan of just stickin 'em to the paint somewhere, although I know it's not that big 'a deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anybody else with pics to share of where they mounted the #BadgeOfOwnership? Finally was getting ready to install ours (1st) on our 2019 Touring. Initially thought it would look best under the existing OEM badging, but the hatch is not so flat there and I'm worried about it lasting/holding down there. Above the SUBARU seems flat enough, but I'm just not sure that's where we want to go with it. The license frame has some appeal, as it wouldn't be permanently marking the car. So, any pics showing the whole picture and are you happy with where you ended up with your badging? Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Anybody else with pics to share of where they mounted the #BadgeOfOwnership? Finally was getting ready to install ours (1st) on our 2019 Touring. Initially thought it would look best under the existing OEM badging, but the hatch is not so flat there and I'm worried about it lasting/holding down there. Above the SUBARU seems flat enough, but I'm just not sure that's where we want to go with it. The license frame has some appeal, as it wouldn't be permanently marking the car. So, any pics showing the whole picture and are you happy with where you ended up with your badging? Thanks.
No pictures to share, but on my 2015 Subaru Forester and 2016 Crosstrek, both Limiteds, I placed the badges of ownership under the Symmetrical AWD emblem on the left. For our Ascent Premium, which has no emblem on the right under the Subaru emblem designating it as a Premium, unlike the Limited or Touring, I chose this location for the badge of ownership to balance the look from the rear. The curvature of the sheet metal for these three models posed no issue for the installation or longevity of the emblems, assuming you prep the surface correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When applying your badge to your hatch, consider treating the area with body shop-level wax-and-grease remover, first. It’s all about adhesion.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I just ordered a badge of ownership for my 17 year old son whose first vehicle is a 2018 Impreza. He is always going out for long drives to take photographs so I figured that will be his surprise badge for when he starts his next school year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just ordered mine. 2nd-animals-pride-martial arts-family-yoga

I might license plate it, but not sure I love the look. On a Touring you get a balanced left "Subaru -> symmetrical AWD" then right side "Ascent -> Touring). I suspect left side given some color in the badge won't look unbalanced.

Reactions: Jim_in_PA
41 - 60 of 63 Posts