Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm excited to get my "2nd" badge. And even though the wife is the ambassador I consider us an ambassador team so I'm putting one of those on there too.

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got my "2nd" Ownership badge and looking at the quality, I am not sure if it will last.

Anyone has the badge attached to their vehicles? Is it durable enough to last several years? I am asking because it uses a 3M VHB tape and that tape is pretty much permanent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got my "2nd" Ownership badge and looking at the quality, I am not sure if it will last.

Anyone has the badge attached to their vehicles? Is it durable enough to last several years? I am asking because it uses a 3M VHB tape and that tape is pretty much permanent.
Wife has had hers for 5 years and it's still good.

Reactions: tariktik

·
Registered
69 Posts
I cant wait to get my VIN so I can order mine. I keep going back and forth on what I want!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Waiting impatiently for an aviation-related badge.

I also prefer to put my badges on my rear license plate frame/fascia rather than the car itself.

·
Registered
134 Posts
These are great. I got 5. One for my first Subaru, and 4 more for interests. How do they hold up to car washing? I send mine through the touchless wash every two weeks? I may just make them fridge magnets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Just ordered mine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmmm...I don't which badge to get. This will be my first personal Subaru but my wife had one so its the second in the family!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Waiting impatiently for an aviation-related badge.

I also prefer to put my badges on my rear license plate frame/fascia rather than the car itself.
Can you take a picture on how this looks? I might do the same thing so I don't have to worry about them coming off or needing to take them off later.

·
Registered
111 Posts
These are great. I got 5. One for my first Subaru, and 4 more for interests. How do they hold up to car washing? I send mine through the touchless wash every two weeks? I may just make them fridge magnets.
They aren't magnets, they go on with industrial 3M tape. They won't come off any easier than the rest of the badges on the car do.

·
Registered
917 Posts
There are people that have put them on magnets and then onto the car, also @Derived42 @Nemesis99

I don't have any badges on my Outback - but I did have them on my former Legacy. At this point with only a few months to go before the Ascent, I'm just holding off to put them on, as I have a few "special edition" ones (Ambassador) that I don't want to have to wait to get back.

I'd probably consider the magnet route though. Get any car magnet, cut to appropriate dimensions, and use the Badge to adhere to the magnet and now it goes with you.

Just don't leave it on at the car wash, I've heard they (magnets) fall off.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Definitely going this route when our Ascent comes in!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts