Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car with 140 miles on it did this today...
I started it and the AVH has always been on since I got it home. When I started accelerating I heard a whining noise and the car was not going over 20 mph but RPM was 2500 or so...
I pulled over and turned off the AVH and turned it back on and then things went back to normal (at least it appears that way so far)...I drove the car for 5miles and parked it back.

Questions:
1) With the AVH on I notice the car whines a bit...is this normal? This whine can be heard during normal driving speeds as well...turning off AVH distinctly removes the noise.

2) This experience...does it merit further investigation? Should I call the dealer and take it in or wait? I just want to proactively address the issue if there is anything to be worried about...

Thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Did you start it cold? The engine does rev more to warm itself. You should notice it going back to normal after a couple minutes.
AVH shouldn’t make any noises while driving. As soon as you tap the gas pedal from a stop AVH disables until you stop again.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Thanks! Yes it was cold start...but should it be going at 20mph or struggling to accelerate when it warms up?
No, it shouldn't. If it only happens when AVH is on, please leave AVH off and have it checked out as soon as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.