Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't tried the AVH feature yet, do it! It is quite nice. It is the button labeled AVH right above the shifter. Once pressed, you will see the on green status on your instrument panel right side.

Once on for example, when you are at a red light, release your foot on the brake pedal and the car will remain in place. Then when the light turns green, just press the gas pedal and the AVH will automatically be disabled and car will move. AVH will remain on until you press the button again to turn off so any time the car stops, your right feet can now rest!

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you haven't tried the AVH feature yet, do it! It is quite nice. It is the button labeled AVH right above the shifter. Once pressed, you will see the on green status on your instrument panel right side.

Once on for example, when you are at a red light, release your foot on the brake pedal and the car will remain in place. Then when the light turns green, just press the gas pedal and the AVH will automatically be disabled and car will move. AVH will remain on until you press the button again to turn off so any time the car stops, your right feet can now rest!

I love it too. I thought it was silly and I'd never use it, but I've used it to and from work since I got the truck....you know, Friday, yesterday and this morning.:smile_big:

·
Registered
217 Posts

It works fine, but I have mixed feelings about it. Seems to me taking my foot off the break creates a safety concern. If I happen to touch the accelerator the car would jump forward. I guess I would feel better just keeping my foot on the brake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would also assume that when you take your foot off the break but are still sitting at the stop light your taillights are not lit. This may be a safety concern as people coming up on you from behind (especially if it's a high speed road you're stopped on) may not realize that you are stopped/not moving until they are much closer.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Would also assume that when you take your foot off the break but are still sitting at the stop light your taillights are not lit. This may be a safety concern as people coming up on you from behind (especially if it's a high speed road you're stopped on) may not realize that you are stopped/not moving until they are much closer.
Brake lights stay on when AVH is turned on and activated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh that's good news

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like it too. It's interesting how it has this but not the hill hold like my outback and wrx did. I got use to that and I have to remember to use the AVH instead!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just as others have said, you put it on, take your foot off the brake, unknowingly bump the gas, roll forward and hit the other car before you realize you are moving...

Granted I know most people pay more attention than that, but it only takes 1 lazy person to cause a problem :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just as others have said, you put it on, take your foot off the brake, unknowingly bump the gas, roll forward and hit the other car before you realize you are moving...

Granted I know most people pay more attention than that, but it only takes 1 lazy person to cause a problem :(
Wouldn't the automatic emergency braking prevent you from rear ending the vehicle in front?

·
Registered
492 Posts

Granted I know most people pay more attention than that, but it only takes 1 lazy person to cause a problem /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
Wouldn't the EyeSight see the car ahead of you and stop the vehicle before you hit the other car??

At least that's what I understood from the commercial I saw about the EyeSight feature.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now your relying on technology to avoid an accident due to a newly developed bad habit. I will keep the feature on as I like it, but i'll also be keeping my foot on the brake. My 2 cents :)

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
Anything that would require a human to press the brakes will light the brake lights, including not just AVH, but also adaptive cruise control needing to slow the car quickly.

You should see the brake lights illuminated on the dash display between the gauges.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts