Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 2005 Honda Odyssey only locked automatically if the unlock button was pressed and no doors were opened after about a minute or so. Would be nice if the Ascent was able to do that but no critical that it doesn't :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to all.
My 2015 Legacy does self locks sometimes. It's with keyless access, but Subaru don't have auto locking function without touching sensor on the handle. So I'm worried about this

·
Registered
113 Posts
So this weekend I started the car using the My Subaru App. Went out to go on my way and walked up to the car put my hand on the door handle and the car wouldn't open. Checked my pocket and no key fob...went back in the house looking for the key fob. After a few minutes I then realized I left my jacket in the car that had my key fob in the pocket. Had to unlock the car using the My Subaru App....was afraid that it wouldn't unlock it but it did :). Didn't do this with that intension but I thought the key fob couldn't be locked in the car without "disabling" the fob.

·
Administrator
9,239 Posts
I'd check your keyfob battery.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Does anybody happen to know off hand if the Ascent will lock itself if you unlocked it but never actually opened any doors? I think some cars will auto lock after a few minutes of no activity. This would be as long as you initiated the unlock in the first place, i.e. not counting those who leave the car unkocked in the garage when they get home.

·
Administrator
9,239 Posts
No, it will not relock automatically.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts