Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My Ascent is at the dealership right now and although I have had problems with the automatic thumb door lock, they are saying it is fine. When I use my finger to lock the door, it takes 3-4 times to lock the door. I've tried tapping, holding for a bit, and still it only locks half the time. I am not putting my hand in the handle while locking, which I understand makes it so you can't lock the door. I have a loner Forrester, and the lock is 10 times more responsive. Has anyone else had this issue and the dealership fixed it? Thanks!!

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Only when I don't have my FOB close enough. I do sometimes have problems with my finger registering properly on my previous phone though.

·
Registered
421 Posts
One other thought: Do you happen to have the other key fob in or near the car? Even though I drive the Ascent, my wife used to keep the spare Ascent key on her keychain. Had me scratching my head with some weird door behavior, until I figured out that it was only happening when she was riding with me! Also happened when she wasn't in the car, but her purse was somewhere close enough to the garage. Now we keep the spare key far away.
F.S.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Hi! My Ascent is at the dealership right now and although I have had problems with the automatic thumb door lock, they are saying it is fine. When I use my finger to lock the door, it takes 3-4 times to lock the door. I've tried tapping, holding for a bit, and still it only locks half the time. I am not putting my hand in the handle while locking, which I understand makes it so you can't lock the door. I have a loner Forrester, and the lock is 10 times more responsive. Has anyone else had this issue and the dealership fixed it? Thanks!!
Never had a pro lem in 12000 miles.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
This is the only way I lock the doors on my 2019 Limited. It always works but there is about a 2 second delay from pressing the lock pad until I hear the doors locked.

I usually press it as I'm walking away so the fob is about an arms length away.

My wife always had her fob in her purse but I haven't noticed any interference from it other than when she gets to her passenger door handle before I touch the driver's door handle and the driver seat moves to her setting.

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent 2020
59 Posts
This may seem a little odd but I think it has something to do with the moisture content in your fingers. I have found that when my hands are dry my keyless unlock/lock feature is hesitant to respond. If I moisten my finger the unlock/lock feature responds immediately. Try it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I likewise could not get this to work until my wife told me to just gently but quickly role my finger across the ridges. Before, I was pushing hard and swiping my finger. Try a lighter touch and see if you get more consistent results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts