Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have a Limited Ascent and have had zero issues with it until recently when it went for service. When I returned home I locked the car with the auto lock feature by touching the pad by the door handle - all doors locked as normal. The next day I touched the handle to enter the car and all doors unlocked EXCEPT the driver's side door. The car beeped 5 times and lights flashed. The only way to get in is to go around to the passenger door and reach across to unlock manually, or use the valet key. I can't find anything that tells me how to fix this. Any suggestions? (no, the battery is not low on the fob, yes, I tried the other fob and same thing). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
It's possible the lock/unlock actuator is sticking when trying to unlock. I'd bring it in and have it checked out. Five beeps for touching the handle is not a normal beep (if you were unlocking and opening the lift gate, that'd be different).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone, I have a Limited Ascent and have had zero issues with it until recently when it went for service. When I returned home I locked the car with the auto lock feature by touching the pad by the door handle - all doors locked as normal. The next day I touched the handle to enter the car and all doors unlocked EXCEPT the driver's side door. The car beeped 5 times and lights flashed. The only way to get in is to go around to the passenger door and reach across to unlock manually, or use the valet key. I can't find anything that tells me how to fix this. Any suggestions? (no, the battery is not low on the fob, yes, I tried the other fob and same thing). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Hey, I just started having the same issue on my 2019 Ascent! How did you fix it?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
oh no, This is an extension of our cancel culture. What did you do to your Ascent? 😈
I agree with Robert. While you can program which doors unlock, I doubt there is an option to not unlock the drivers door. It probably is stuck. At least that is my theory.

I have no doubt the dealer can readily deal with this.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just started having the same exact issue! Only on the drivers side, weird! What did they do to fix it? Did they replace the actuator?
I was hoping there was a trick to fixing this myself (kind of a reset or something!) but I had to take it to the dealer and they did replace something, not sure of the exact part name. They had to take my whole driver’s side door apart and they kept my Ascent several days. Sounds like this has affected a lot of Ascents!

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
They had to take my whole driver’s side door apart and they kept my Ascent several days. Sounds like this has affected a lot of Ascents!
Ridiculously few, actually.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just started having the same exact issue! Only on the drivers side, weird! What did they do to fix it? Did they replace the actuator?
did you ever find out the part or solution they did , my 2020 ascent is now doing this, fob nor handles will unlock or lock, just get the five double beeps. Only way to unlock the car is to use the small physical key. The car starts and works every other thing correctly. (no a second FOB is not left in the car, dealer has confirmed issue just can’t figure out what is wrong)

Also the interior door lock control would not lock/unlock other doors, can you post your dealership name, maybe I can give them a call, thanks in advance

or

Do you by chance know the part number of the part they replaced? The dealer here can’t figure out the problem. Said the “computer says nothing is wrong” and it “should tell them if a BCM was bad” They told me they “took everything apart and check all the connections” and they can’t find the issue.

I am hoping that maybe if I can give them the part number that was the issue on your Ascent maybe they can specifically look at that part?

Any help or pointing in a direction would help.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
BCM has been the culprit for another person. A damaged harness for another. Other than those two, and above, I am not aware of others with similar issues, but hopefully that may lead to them finding a solution.

·
Registered
25 Posts
BCM has been the culprit for another person. A damaged harness for another. Other than those two, and above, I am not aware of others with similar issues, but hopefully that may lead to them finding a solution.
is there only one BCM? when talking to the dealer they lead me to believe that their are more then one and that they don't want to "just replace random parts"

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
AFAIK, there are more than one controller, but one BCM - but it's not uncommon for service coordinators to glom them together. There are many little computers throughout the car.

Regardless, they need to find the problem. Have you reached out to Subaru of America?

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you ever find out the part or solution they did , my 2020 ascent is now doing this, fob nor handles will unlock or lock, just get the five double beeps. Only way to unlock the car is to use the small physical key. The car starts and works every other thing correctly. (no a second FOB is not left in the car, dealer has confirmed issue just can’t figure out what is wrong)

Also the interior door lock control would not lock/unlock other doors, can you post your dealership name, maybe I can give them a call, thanks in advance

or

Do you by chance know the part number of the part they replaced? The dealer here can’t figure out the problem. Said the “computer says nothing is wrong” and it “should tell them if a BCM was bad” They told me they “took everything apart and check all the connections” and they can’t find the issue.

I am hoping that maybe if I can give them the part number that was the issue on your Ascent maybe they can specifically look at that part?

Any help or pointing in a direction would help.
My dealership is Bob Moore Subaru in Edmond, OK. I probably have the paperwork somewhere but I would need to dig for it. If you can’t get help from them, let me know and I will look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.