Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have a Limited Ascent and have had zero issues with it until recently when it went for service. When I returned home I locked the car with the auto lock feature by touching the pad by the door handle - all doors locked as normal. The next day I touched the handle to enter the car and all doors unlocked EXCEPT the driver's side door. The car beeped 5 times and lights flashed. The only way to get in is to go around to the passenger door and reach across to unlock manually, or use the valet key. I can't find anything that tells me how to fix this. Any suggestions? (no, the battery is not low on the fob, yes, I tried the other fob and same thing). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure where I saw it in the manual but there is a way to align which doors unlock when you hit the driver door...just the driver door or all the doors...

·
Super Moderator
6,823 Posts
It's possible the lock/unlock actuator is sticking when trying to unlock. I'd bring it in and have it checked out. Five beeps for touching the handle is not a normal beep (if you were unlocking and opening the lift gate, that'd be different).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone, I have a Limited Ascent and have had zero issues with it until recently when it went for service. When I returned home I locked the car with the auto lock feature by touching the pad by the door handle - all doors locked as normal. The next day I touched the handle to enter the car and all doors unlocked EXCEPT the driver's side door. The car beeped 5 times and lights flashed. The only way to get in is to go around to the passenger door and reach across to unlock manually, or use the valet key. I can't find anything that tells me how to fix this. Any suggestions? (no, the battery is not low on the fob, yes, I tried the other fob and same thing). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Hey, I just started having the same issue on my 2019 Ascent! How did you fix it?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
oh no, This is an extension of our cancel culture. What did you do to your Ascent? 😈
I agree with Robert. While you can program which doors unlock, I doubt there is an option to not unlock the drivers door. It probably is stuck. At least that is my theory.

I have no doubt the dealer can readily deal with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts