·
Administrator
10,943 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried it out?
My son's auto tech instructor told the class about it and recommended it. Apparently a former instructor at this community college auto tech program (Subaru and other manufacturer partner with) created this tester. The insulation on the leads are silicone instead of PVC. The lead ends can readily be swapped out for auto specific connections (clips, points, bulbs etc. for virtually any vehicle). They offer a long fused robust lead for connecting to the battery. The amperage rating is higher. This tester is designed with testing autos not like my Klein or Flir electrical testers. It is entirely focused on Auto. This tester is quicker and easier to use to gather the information you need compared to a regular electrical tester and it is safer to use. My son's instructor bought one and uses it so he has the direct experience with it. The instructor was a tech for BMW for many years.

they also provide how to guides for the novice.

That is all I know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a pretty package, but I'm not seeing what it can do that I can't already accomplish with the $7 Harbor Freight volt meter I keep in my car (my shop has a nicer one, but it still just reads volts, amp, and resistance).

·
Registered
680 Posts
It's a pretty package, but I'm not seeing what it can do that I can't already accomplish with the $7 Harbor Freight volt meter I keep in my car (my shop has a nicer one, but it still just reads volts, amp, and resistance).
well.. you will need 2 for $7 ;)
Test 2 circuits at the same time
and
See the vehicle's battery voltage while testing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts