Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought my 2019 Touring came with at least the drivers side auto dimming mirror. Didn't seem to work and couldn't verify it came with that feature. So I bought a set of the auto dimming side mirrors and upon installing them see that all the wiring was there in the mirror housing and all hooked up to the existing side mirrors. I changed them anyways, dug out my original window sticker and of course it says my Ascent came with auto dimming exterior mirrors.
But still they don't seem to work. I did this mod on my 2018 Outback Touring and the dimming results were very nice. Much much better than the Ascent's if the mirrors are dimming at all.
Anyone else think the dimming on the side mirrors isn't working. Or is very faint?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thought my 2019 Touring came with at least the drivers side auto dimming mirror. Didn't seem to work and couldn't verify it came with that feature. So I bought a set of the auto dimming side mirrors and upon installing them see that all the wiring was there in the mirror housing and all hooked up to the existing side mirrors. I changed them anyways, dug out my original window sticker and of course it says my Ascent came with auto dimming exterior mirrors.
But still they don't seem to work. I did this mod on my 2018 Outback Touring and the dimming results were very nice. Much much better than the Ascent's if the mirrors are dimming at all.
Anyone else think the dimming on the side mirrors isn't working. Or is very faint?
Are you talking about the side mirrors on the door? If so, no problem with mine. Did you know that you can set the time out somewhere in the settings. I forget where, but I did mine.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
815 Posts
I don't see anything in my owner's manual about auto dimming outside mirrors, it only talks about the inside mirror. If the outside are tied to the inside then the Auto Dimming On/Off switch my be turned to Off, that is a setting on your smart mirror and that's why yours aren't working. Just a guess.

I assumed mine were always on in my Limited but I also leave the inside mirror dimming turned on all the time.

Reactions: JDV and RobertD

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Okay, the auto dimming on the inside rear view smart mirror was off. Turned it on, hopefully that controls the side mirrors as well.
Yes, it controls all three, and, the sensor is on the rear view mirror, so, if that's obstructed (eg: the cargo area is loaded to the ceiling), none of them will dim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts