Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my Touring on a two lane Florida road towing my boat at 60 mph on ACC, a turkey vulture (avg 6' wingspan) is enjoying lunch on the side of the road, decides to take off as I approach. Flies right in front of me triggering auto braking & alarms for about a second or two, over the hood then the roof and then gone. Exciting to say the least. Very impressed how the system worked even if it was just briefly.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I’m also in Florida and those turkey vultures are no joke,they’re huge.I’m driving into my development where there’s a curve with a huge palm tree on the median at the start of curve ,I’m assuming the eyesight system saw the tree as a threat so the Ascent’s indicators started flashing red along with beeping alert.Good job Subaru.

·
Registered
559 Posts
HA! I was driving in Northern California Bay Area stinky driver mode and following a car a little too close as he was turning. He was making a U-turn so he slowed a bit. My automatic braking system activated for a split second. It didn't last long because it we were going pretty slow. Good to know it works!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also in Florida, and witnessed those birds. It's misleading when they're just standing there and then they take off and like whoa! didn't expect that. My first Alarm alert sadly wasn't as cool, I had a plastic bag get kicked up in front of me on the highway that apparently spooked my Ascent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts