Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a couple of instances over the two years I've owned my 21 touring that I thought the automatic braking should have activated but didn't. A couple of days ago a car seriously cut me off in traffic, it was a very close call. I was able to hit the brakes hard and avoided a crash but felt nothing from the brakes and no warning lights. I'm becoming skeptical the system is working, is there a way to check it?

·
Administrator
12,440 Posts
Set up something that won't scratch your car (I used empty bankers boxes), stack them up to be relatively car/truck shaped from the cameras' view, and drive at it. The system won't intervene to the last possible moment, and, as you avoided the accident, it may not have deemed it was the last possible moment. In this video to demonstrate that Eyesight is still active (a) in neutral and (b) under 5 mph, I coasted in neutral at the boxes. You can see how long it waited and how close it stopped at the 1m40s mark.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Set up something that won't scratch your car (I used empty bankers boxes), stack them up to be relatively car/truck shaped from the cameras' view, and drive at it. The system won't intervene to the last possible moment, and, as you avoided the accident, it may not have deemed it was the last possible moment. In this video to demonstrate that Eyesight is still active (a) in neutral and (b) under 5 mph, I coasted in neutral at the boxes. You can see how long it waited and how close it stopped at the 1m40s mark.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts