Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
That's like the 15th review I've read, and they all hate the Ascent!

And by hate, I mean "really like or absolutely love the Ascent".

Joking aside, that's pretty impressive. Even sites that aren't normally that friendly to Subarus in reviews are really liking it. Feeling really good about already buying a car that I hadn't even seen yet.

:grin: :tango_face_wink: :grin:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Joking aside, that's pretty impressive. Even sites that aren't normally that friendly to Subarus in reviews are really liking it. Feeling really good about already buying a car that I hadn't even seen yet.
:grin: :tango_face_wink: :grin:
Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Most reviews of other new Subaru cars have been critical of the engine/cvt. Ascent seems to be different. Either it is that much better, or the auto journalists are starting to get more in tune with what is important to buyers.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Don't hold your breath or you'll prolly die. LOL
I know right?! I mean....I can handle the usual Subaru hooks... "Symmetrical AWD", "Boxer engine", "low-center of gravity"... but the 19 cup-holders, "NINETEEN!" /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Wait, what do you mean. You meant to say 9 cup holders right? You're telling me there are 19 cup holders?! Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before??? ?

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
I know right?! I mean....I can handle the usual Subaru hooks... "Symmetrical AWD", "Boxer engine", "low-center of gravity"... but the 19 cup-holders, "NINETEEN!" ;)
OMG, there are NOT 19 cup holders!!!!

No, seriously though, you think hearing about them is bad? There's actually a Subaru ad/review, and a third party one that actually spend a bunch of time clarifying that one apparently "glaring" mistake.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
There are NOT 19 cup holders.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

lol, BUT in all seriousness, there really are not. There are 19 bottle and cup holders. The number of actual cup holders is considerably less than 19.

ANYWAYS: I just thought it was hilarious that a Subaru guy and one sole reviewer needed to each (in different videos) clarify all of that. Though, tbh, I didn't care enough to remember exactly how many are cup holders and how many are bottle holders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts