Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Just stumbled across this over on SlickDeals.
Regular pricing for AT&T Connected Car WiFi is $20/month (for non-AT&T subscribers, who I believe can add it as an extra line on their account for $10/month).
Until 10/31/19, you can add service for just $15/month. I'm still not sure that I "need" it for $15/month... but my work does give me a cell phone stipend that more than covers the cost of my line... so I figured I'll give it a shot and see how much I use it.

If you're already an AT&T subscriber, probably not worth it.
I'm with T-Mobile, and over the last month, found a few dead spots between Rochester NY and Pittsburgh, and Rochester and the Jersey shore. To me, its like carrying a second SIM card in my phone for a 2nd line. It also gives my kids some extra unlimited WiFi for streaming videos on those long road trips.

Typical restrictions apply... they may limit speeds after 22GB of using in a month... etc etc.

Even if you are already a subscriber, many folks on SlickDeals have indicated success on being moved from the $20/month plan to the $15/month plan.

Hopefully some folks can take advantage of this.

Reactions: GaryInMI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there anyway to replace the At&t sim card another provider such as T-mobile? Where the sim is located in the car?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Is there anyway to replace the At&t sim card another provider such as T-mobile?
No. It's embedded in the system. This is consistent with many/most of the auto manufacturers that offer a "hot spot" type feature but that cellular radio is also used for things like remote start and remote assistance, even if you don't pay for the hot-spot service. The manufacturer has struck a deal with the carrier to support those services on their dime and I wouldn't be surprised if an embedded, non-changable SIM is part of those arrangements.

Reactions: GaryInMI
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.