Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one of the most annoying issues I have with my Ascent.

For some reason, even though I know better, I keep mispronouncing it /as'cent/ (or ass-cent) rather than the proper pronunciation of /ə' sent/. This always drives my kids into hysterical laughter. I blame Subaru for this. ? They didn't have to pick a name in which people who carelessly mispronounce words will be laughed at.

I wish I could stop, but I keep doing it again and again. Well, at least my kids are entertained.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nothing wrong with Kia or Hyundai vehicles. The Kia Soul is one of the most practical vehicles ever made.

But to get back on topic:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ascent is an okay name, me personally I think I would have liked our car to continued the Tribeca name. You can't mix that up with anything. Well that's not true, back in 2006, they prefaced the Tribeca name with B9, as in the Benign Tribeca...

What could have been... I remember seeing Fuji Heavy Industry ( FHI, the name of Subaru's parent company before they renamed it to Subaru) trademarking Halifax. Do you think Halifax sounds better than Ascent?

Lancaster? The Japanese market Outbacks were called Lancaster before they changed to Outback.

Or Exiga, a Subaru we never got, but spiritually closer to our Ascent than the Tribeca.

·
Super Moderator
2,706 Posts
Ascent is an okay name, me personally I think I would have liked our car to continued the Tribeca name.
I’m not a fan of completely changing a vehicle and keeping the same name. Example: Chrysler Pacifica. Use to be a pos big wagon thing, now a decent minivan.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nothing wrong with Kia or Hyundai vehicles. The Kia Soul is one of the most practical vehicles ever made.

But to get back on topic:

Practical, yes maybe. It all depends on whose point of view.

Butt my friend had one.. the interior sucks balls.. lol peeling every where. Cheapest interior ever.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just got off the phone with SiriusXM and they called our car "Accent". I immediately thought of this thread. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts