Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2019 Ascent has been to the dealer 3 times and out of service for the last 5 weeks due to various repairs related to the PCV failure, and also issues like the dealership forgetting to fill coolant back up after having pulled out the engine. I have been in contact with SOA through the process and they offered a small cash settlement for me to keep the car. I had already purchased a 5 year 100k mile Gold Plus warranty, but I asked SOA if they could modify my plan to the 8 year 120k plan since we had some many issues and it is not clear if everything has been fixed or not.

I was surprised to get the following email from SOA with a Normally yes, but not for you.

"Normally that is something that I do to go along with a cash settlement. However, if the vehicle is outside of the new car warranty period(3 years or 36,000 miles), then we are unable to make any changes. As you car currently has more than 36,000 miles on it, I am unable to make any changes to the plan."

Has anyone else got the same response, or had SOA offer an extended warranty after they had 36k?

·
Registered
680 Posts
well.. i can see system setup the way not to make changes after 3/36 ... but with 5 weeks out of service you can ask to cover your payments
time out of service past 3/36 may not count also ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our 2019 Ascent has been to the dealer 3 times and out of service for the last 5 weeks due to various repairs related to the PCV failure, and also issues like the dealership forgetting to fill coolant back up after having pulled out the engine. I have been in contact with SOA through the process and they offered a small cash settlement for me to keep the car. I had already purchased a 5 year 100k mile Gold Plus warranty, but I asked SOA if they could modify my plan to the 8 year 120k plan since we had some many issues and it is not clear if everything has been fixed or not.

I was surprised to get the following email from SOA with a Normally yes, but not for you.

"Normally that is something that I do to go along with a cash settlement. However, if the vehicle is outside of the new car warranty period(3 years or 36,000 miles), then we are unable to make any changes. As you car currently has more than 36,000 miles on it, I am unable to make any changes to the plan."

Has anyone else got the same response, or had SOA offer an extended warranty after they had 36k?
Had many issues with my 2019 subaru ascent. I am at 13k in mileage. Please call this person at corporate Subaru he is called an advocate. Christopher Dickinson
well.. i can see system setup the way not to make changes after 3/36 ... but with 5 weeks out of service you can ask to cover your payments
time out of service past 3/36 may not count also ...
I have many problems with my 2019 subaru ascent and they dont seem to stop and we are only at 13k miles. Call Christopher Dickinson at coporate his number is 856-488-3295

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2019 ascent with the pcv valve recall and the cvt replaced at 45,000 miles. I am in contact with SOA right now working on a cash settlement or replacing my car. I love the car but tired of all the issues. Makes me not want to get another subaru. I am curious how any feel like me or is it just a lemon of a car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ended up trading in for new 21 ascent after SOA offered some trade assistance. Worked out in the end, but it was a pain to deal with. Hopefully all the bugs have been worked out now. That is the last time I will buy a new model year.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,841 Posts
I am curious how any feel like me or is it just a lemon of a car.
There will always be a few that don't meet standards...most folks do not have major issues, despite what you might get the impression of from forums like this. People talk loudly when they have an issue, but are quiet when they are happy.

Reactions: CLGreene

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very true. I love the Ascent but it gets a little discouraging when its your car that has all the issues that are on the recall letters. I have been always been a big proponent of Subaru and i don't see that stopping.
At the end of the day I LOVE MY CAR, I feel I bought the one that was built on a Monday morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts