Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 2019 Ascent mainly for the safety features and wifi accessibility. We have loved it, but now we are having similar problems with the Wifi. We have paid for unlimited data through At&T. When we first got it, the menu had an option for Wifi hotspot access and when we selected it, our wifi hotspot password would show up. Unfortunately, it is no longer on the menu anywhere and no one is able to find the password. Several of our devices are still connected, but anyone who would like to connect is unable to do so because we can't find the hotspot password anywhere. Even our apple devices don't show the "join network" signal when someonein our contact list is trying to find the password. We contacted At&T who said it is a software issue with the Ascent and Subaru should handle it. At&T does not know the WiFi password. We took our car to the dealership and they thought they fixed it by adding the shortcut on the homescreen, but that did not solve the issue. We took it back and explained it all again and they have no idea how to fix it. They have done the factory reset several times with no luck. We are very frustrated. Can anyone help?

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
I answered on one of your other posts. :)

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Please repost your Sept. 25, 2019, reply to "cv12" regarding problems connecting to their 2019 Ascent wifi. Thanks.
Do you have Navigation, and, can you please give me the firmware string that starts with "REL"?

It's in Settings->General->System Information

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have Navigation, and, can you please give me the firmware string that starts with "REL"?

It's in Settings->General->System Information
Thanks. It looks like I may have solved it. It's asking for a password and I didn't have clue where to look or whom to ask. But I followed your lead to System Information where I found what seems to be a password, tried it, and now the car's wifi appears to work. (Is it obvious I'm an ole phart and completely clueless about this stuff?) Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get in it to go somewhere.

Again, thanks.

WRT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts