Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are seriously considering purchasing a Subaru Ascent, but our only hesitation is the towing quality of the vehicle. Can anyone on this forum, preferably those with actual towing experience in the Ascent, offer some input on how well it performs while towing? We have a travel trailer that is around 5000lbs, the max towing capacity of the Ascent, so we want to make sure it is still capable without any worries.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wouldn’t continuously push any vehicle to its max towing capacity. If it’s twice a year to move from storage, then that’s fine, but you should be looking at something with a larger capacity.

·
Registered
764 Posts
We are seriously considering purchasing a Subaru Ascent, but our only hesitation is the towing quality of the vehicle. Can anyone on this forum, preferably those with actual towing experience in the Ascent, offer some input on how well it performs while towing? We have a travel trailer that is around 5000lbs, the max towing capacity of the Ascent, so we want to make sure it is still capable without any worries.

Don't plan on towing anything with anything that is at max capacity. You also have to factor in all the weight of people, cargo, animals, etc that are inside the car.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm towing over 4,000lbs and it does ok as long as I keep it under 3% grade or so, anything over and it struggles. Enclave and Acadia towed better on steep grade and the rear suspension was better suited.

For 5k you might want to consider a Durango if looking for uni-body dedicated tow rig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts