Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already 10K on my Ascent, and I am think is not strong enough, 6 cylinder engine from Outback what I had before should be better for big vehicle as is Ascent, Subaru should make also the options like Mazda is doing to give you the choice for the size. I will prefer a little shorter about 8 " with 5 pass, and larger cargo area, something like bigger Outback, is pretty tall and wide. Left arm rest on the door is to, to to low. I am not left handed but driving by left hand-hanged in the air-WOW, very uncomfortable for long ride. Suspension should be firmer, car is floating like a boat on waves. Windshield should to be a little more vertical, driving in southern states is not a fun during all day sun. In my wife 2019 Forester sun visors are bigger , and have extensions, but Ascent not!!!. Car for almost 50k should to be better equipped- period. Any way have nice driving.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Huh?

I have already 10K on my Ascent, and I am think is not strong enough, 6 cylinder engine from Outback what I had before should be better for big vehicle as is Ascent, Subaru should make also the options like Mazda is doing to give you the choice for the size.
Incorrect, and we know that because the 4 cylinder FA24DIT has already been tested in the upcoming 2020 Legacy and it beats the outgoing Legacy 3.6r. It will be the same results for the 2020 Outback - AND they will get much better gas mileage than the 3.6r while doing so.

• Legacy 3.6R with TR690 CVT: 6.3-7.1s in third party tests
  • Legacy 2.4DIT with TR690 CVT: 6.1s in third party tests

As a matter of fact, the Ascent is testing faster than the Outback 3.6r, even though it weighs a half ton more. The less powerful, less torque H6 would be a snail in the Ascent.

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with yours?

3.6L H6:
• 256 horsepower
• 247 lb-ft torque

2.4L DI Turbo in the Ascent:
• 260 horsepower
• 277 lb-ft torque @ 2,000-4,800rpm

I will prefer a little shorter about 8 " with 5 pass, and larger cargo area, something like bigger Outback, is pretty tall and wide.
Alas, that would be the Tribeca. Didn't sell well, with the major complaint being the size. The Ascent has already outsold the combined last eight years of Tribeca sales. In a few more months, the Ascent will have just passed a year and a couple months of sales, and will have surpassed all Tribeca sales combined.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
don't feed the trolls....

especially one who can't use to/too/two correctly
Whether a troll or not, the response is also for everyone else who finds that post via Google. :tango_face_wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts