Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Touring 2019
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reached out to one of the dealers about White Ascent Touring and this is what he offer:

It is equipped with: exterior auto-dimming mirrors, USB charging parts for the third row, cargo tray, remote engine start, all weather floor liners, rear bumper cover, splash guards, side sill plates and trailer hitch. This car has an MSRP of $47,695 and I can offer a selling price of $42,294.

What do you think? I wanted no options but this doesn't sound bad. I didn't even try to negotiate.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't see a problem. You're over $5000 below MSRP, take it and drive away happy and comfortable! :tango_face_wink:

Reactions: Robson13

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
417 Posts
Just reached out to one of the dealers about White Ascent Touring and this is what he offer:

It is equipped with: exterior auto-dimming mirrors, USB charging parts for the third row, cargo tray, remote engine start, all weather floor liners, rear bumper cover, splash guards, side sill plates and trailer hitch. This car has an MSRP of $47,695 and I can offer a selling price of $42,294.

What do you think? I wanted no options but this doesn't sound bad. I didn't even try to negotiate.
Try Ramsey Subaru. When I bought my 17 Outback they gave me a fair price with no hassle.

Are you on mtbnj?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts

Call Liberty Subaru, ask for Dan Meola, tell him I sent you, and that you're a forum member here. You will get the employee pricing he gets.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call Liberty Subaru, ask for Dan Meola, tell him I sent you, and that you're a forum member here. You will get the employee pricing he gets.
Thanks Robert, that's the dealer I'm talking to. I'll call Dan. I just got the quote from Brian Goon for white Ascent Touring with hitch as I don't care for any other options. Just need to carry my bikes:smile:

This is from dealer:

For the 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring with a trailer hitch, the MSRP of the car would be 46,179. I can offer a selling price of $42,725.

Here is your full breakdown:

$42,725 Selling Price
$395 Dealer Processing
$2,856.70 NJ 6.625% Sales Tax
$7.50 NJ Tire Fee

$45,984.20 TOTAL

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Brian is awesome!!! He's who I bought my Ascent from. Tell him I said hi! Talk to Dan, and him and Brian can work something out for you.

But wow, that's pretty near invoice already.

Thanks Robert, that's the dealer I'm talking to. I'll call Dan. I just got the quote from Brian Goon for white Ascent Touring with hitch as I don't care for any other options. Just need to carry my bikes

This is from dealer:

For the 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring with a trailer hitch, the MSRP of the car would be 46,179. I can offer a selling price of $42,725.

Here is your full breakdown:

$42,725 Selling Price
$395 Dealer Processing
$2,856.70 NJ 6.625% Sales Tax
$7.50 NJ Tire Fee

$45,984.20 TOTAL

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brian is awesome!!! He's who I bought my Ascent from. Tell him I said hi! Talk to Dan, and him and Brian can work something out for you.

But wow, that's pretty near invoice already.
Just called Dan and left voicemail. Yeah, spoke with Brian. Nice guy. I like them. They serviced my forester many times. Always happy with their services.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome deal! The best price I was able to find with all of these options for my white Touring model (minus remote start) was $42,950.. and that was shopping around VIP pricing with 10+ dealers who accepted and didn't accept it (California).

Reactions: Robson13

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Dan gave me better price. $41,912 with hitch included.
That's $45,091.17OTD. Ask Dan to throw some accessories like WeatherTech mats for the front and cig tray holder.

I paid $40.5K for a basic Limited w/ hitch. That's about $5K worth of features that will make your brain spin, at least it is for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you considered VIP Program pricing? I read a post detailing Pennsylvania Horticulture Society membership as a means to obtain it. I paid $60 for an annual membership and was able to secure VIP Program authorization from Subaru in less than 12 hours. Went very smoothly and that gives you invoice less 2% with participating dealers, including factory installed accessories!

·
Registered
932 Posts
For the record, VIP pricing can either be invoice or invoice minus 2%, depending on your partner.

Also for the record, I was able to do better VIP pricing with just regular negotiations, but it did take more effort on my part. If you like simply, quick, easy, then go the VIP route. If you don't mind a little back and forth (straightforward, but still some negotiations mostly on my trade in value part) then go the traditional route.

I leased my Forester from Liberty, had a great experience in the past with service and now a great sales/leasing experience. However, I'm drooling at the idea of the Onyx XT Outback when the lease is up... :D

Let me say that it's better to get all the options you think you might want now, before the sale. I'm having regret not getting the "HomeLink" mirror, and that sucker will cost me $450 between the part and install. Just not able to justify that much for the convenience when I have the remote in my center console. Likewise with the Footwell lighting... just make sure you get all the options ahead of time otherwise they'll have to bill you shop labor rate for the install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I bought back in February, I got pricing from 7 dealers, and best price was 11.6% discount off the MSRP price of Limited models. The net prices to me ranged from 5.2% off MSRP to the 11.6% off. I also got the hitch and wiring installed for $525 on top of those vehicle prices. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you considered VIP Program pricing? I read a post detailing Pennsylvania Horticulture Society membership as a means to obtain it. I paid $60 for an annual membership and was able to secure VIP Program authorization from Subaru in less than 12 hours. Went very smoothly and that gives you invoice less 2% with participating dealers, including factory installed accessories!
I got better price than VIP.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.