Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one in person a few weeks ago on the showroom at Sport Subaru in Orlando. Only took two photos because I got too excited opening doors, etc. Feels very solid and well-made. Glad I opted for the sun/moonroof. I don't love the cream contrast trim (mostly because it seems it would get dirty faster) but it's far from being a deal-breaker. Very much looking forward to delivery of my Limited, hopefully before September as has been estimated.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did the one in Orlando have the sun/moonroof? I'd be too excited to take pictures as well if the Ascent was staring me in the face. The cream trim isn't too and, but keeping them clean won't be easy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mastro Subaru in Sanford currently has the exact same vehicle there until 5pm today. Was supposed to be there from 11-5, we showed up at 1140 and it still wasn't there, so we ate lunch and came back. Again, like your visit at Sport Subaru, we could only sit in it and play with some buttons. No test drive opportunities were available.

Anyway, we looked it over with the salesman. The wife isn't a fan of blue cars and this Abyss Blue color didn't change her opinion. Sounds like she might prefer the Cinnamon Brown, which is ok with me. Salesman told us that the Abyss Blue and Cinnamon Brown are the only two "Ascent only" colors. All other Ascent exterior colors can be found on the Outback, just and FYI if you didn't already know.

She sat in the driver's seat, somehow, I didn't get to sit there. Maybe because the rain was starting and a crowd was gathering to get a look too. She found the seats very comfortable and she liked that the fronts were ventilated, especially for us that are used to the Florida weather. She thought the color of the seats were better in person than what she saw on Subaru's website.

I'm 6 ft tall, so I had to check out the 2nd row leg room to see if my adult children would be more comfortable than the little room they have in our 2007 Legacy. I sat behind the front passenger seat. The wife moved the seat all the way back and it did run into my knees. So it seems to have lots of front legroom if you need it all the way back. However, when she sat in the front passenger seat and moved it forward to where she felt comfortable, with her legs fully extended (she's 5'7"), it left me at least one inch of knee room to spare. So, that's a good sign for us. I didn't make into the 3rd row because, well, I don't plan on ever being back there myself, so I didn't bother. I will just say that it looks nice from the second row. :) Noticed that like the 2nd row, the 3rd row reclines as well.
We played with the buttons for the radio and maps as well as the 2nd display, high up on the dash. Checked out the rearview mirror and the camera as well as the front view camera. Overall, I agree with most everyone that's seen one in person, it is the nicest Subaru ever! Sorry, I was too excited looking at everything and only took 2 pictures similar to op, so I didn't attach them.

There are a ton of vehicles in this mid-sized SUV market, and we haven't been new car shopping since 2007. Although this is the first vehicle she has looked at to replace our Legacy, she was impressed. Not sure I'll have to get her to look at other makes/models. But I know the one thing that that matters most to her is having AWD. She loves it in her Legacy(so do I). Now I just have to figure out if/when the wife wants to order her Ascent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts