Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Screen displays System connecting.
Have to turn car off for a few minutes and then when you turn the car on the Bluetooth will reconnect and you can make or receive a call. Doe not occur on every call and no predictability of when it will happen.

Dealer / service department has no answers for this problem.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Hi, what type of phone, how's it connected (Bluetooth only, Android Auto, Carplay, etc), are there other paired BT devices in the car, and are there other paired phones in the car?

Also, what's your head unit's firmware version? You will find that in:
Settings->General->System Information

We don't need the maps version, just the firmware.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the delay in response. I have been checking for the message that appears on the screen when the calls are dropped. I thought I had a photo but cannot locate the photo. Here is the other information.

what type of phone. Samsung Note 8

how's it connected (Bluetooth only, Android Auto, Carplay, etc).
- Connected with Android Auto and Bluetooth. I have it connected with Bluetooth and android Auto. Android Auto launched when I start the car, but not certain if the calls are handled by Android Auto or Bluetooth. What occurs is I will be on a call and I will not hear anything on the car speaker. I can pick the call up if I drop it on the phone (change to phone from Ascent on bluetooth menu on the phone). I will look at the screen after the drop and there is a message that it is connecting. I can still hear music on the speaker from the radio, but it does not see the phone. I have tried turning the car off and back on, but I need to leave it for a while for it to reset. It does not happen on every call, not even every day. I find it a driving danger to try and take the call on the handset. Oh and if I have a wireless headset (like one of my Plantronics headsets, I can still switch to the headset) but cannot switch back to the Ascent.

are there other paired BT devices in the car one other paired,
another Note 8 but has never been in car when call dropped

Are there other paired phones in the car?
Not when calls have dropped

Also, what's your head unit's firmware version?
You will find that in:

Settings->General->System Information. Rel_UA.19.36.70

We don't need the maps version, just the firmware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.