Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks!
I've being following the forum for a while and it's being a priceless source of information.

So yesterday I took the next step and did the trade. We're trading in our 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, which was flawless during our two and a half years of ownership towards the Ascent, as AWD is a necessity here in Canada and we needed a bigger car.

Subaru Downtown here in Toronto had a black Premier on the lot and the delivery is scheduled for Thursday. So my question to you folks is:

It's my first Subaru, so is there any questions or items for me to pay attention at the delivery apart from the usual as any other new car?

Is there any accessory you would recommend fo get out of the bat?

I'm really glad to join the group and can't wait to get the car in a couple of days.
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats!

Random but the seats look to be Warm Ivory? It sounds like you might have a family. How is the light color seat doing so far?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congrats. That’s the cleanest your Subie is going to be during a Canadian winter lol. Our friends in Edmonton tell us you just get used to driving around with dirty cars.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I replaced a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. My ownership of the Trailhawk was less than stellar, but issues were fixed by Jeep. It did come with a lot of options for the money though. I’m loving my Ascent much more!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats!

Random but the seats look to be Warm Ivory? It sounds like you might have a family. How is the light color seat doing so far?
The seats are brown. I manage to put the seat protector and kick mat to protect from my 4 year old. But I’m really not sure on what to do about the dog. During winters things can get a bit messy around here and to be honest, I was so in love with the car when I saw it and bought it that I forgot to plan ahead with how to deal with the seats. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats. That’s the cleanest your Subie is going to be during a Canadian winter lol. Our friends in Edmonton tell us you just get used to driving around with dirty cars.
LOL. No kidding. With less than 24hrs of ownership the original black already turned into multiple shades of grey.

I’m ok with that, there’s no way of keeping the car clean around here, specially during winter. The only part that I really try to take a good care and keep clean is the interior. The dog and the 4 year old already make it an steep uphill battle

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hey folks!
I've being following the forum for a while and it's being a priceless source of information.

So yesterday I took the next step and did the trade. We're trading in our 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, which was flawless during our two and a half years of ownership towards the Ascent, as AWD is a necessity here in Canada and we needed a bigger car.

Subaru Downtown here in Toronto had a black Premier on the lot and the delivery is scheduled for Thursday. So my question to you folks is:

It's my first Subaru, so is there any questions or items for me to pay attention at the delivery apart from the usual as any other new car?

Is there any accessory you would recommend fo get out of the bat?

I'm really glad to join the group and can't wait to get the car in a couple of days.
Cheers!!!
go back to the dealer and get the cargo all-weather mat and 3rd row back seat protector- that's what I did.

I'm planning to get the WeatherTech front liners and leave 2nd and 3rd row carpeted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
go back to the dealer and get the cargo all-weather mat and 3rd row back seat protector- that's what I did.

I'm planning to get the WeatherTech front liners and leave 2nd and 3rd row carpeted.
Got it. Just brought the car in to the dealership to get the winter tires installed and got the 2 covers also.
Thanks lots!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts