Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my first gas tank (about 250 miles) and so far getting about 15 mpg. I drive a mix of city and h-way. I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience.

-HT

·
Registered
303 Posts
FYI - there is a whole other thread dedicated to this already (but there are others with similar concerns). It does seem to open up a bit better later (like after 10k miles... ). I’m around my 5th tank of gas and am seeing closer to about 19-20 mpg in LA city traffic.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am on my first gas tank (about 250 miles) and so far getting about 15 mpg. I drive a mix of city and h-way. I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience.

-HT
I always tell my customers that the car has to get used to your driving habits.

Which basically means that your mileage during at LEAST your first three tanks of gas, and maybe a few more, will bear almost no resemblance to the reality of what mileage the car WILL end up getting. And this is across ALL of our cars, not just the Ascent. It's perfectly normal and expected.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I always tell my customers that the car has to get used to your driving habits.

Which basically means that your mileage during at LEAST your first three tanks of gas, and maybe a few more, will bear almost no resemblance to the reality of what mileage the car WILL end up getting. And this is across ALL of our cars, not just the Ascent. It's perfectly normal and expected.
It's a new car with some decent power. We're not nice to it while it's a new feeling :)
Or, maybe it's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.