Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! So, I bought a new Ascent this past Friday and am, so far, enjoying the car. I moved from a 2011 MDX. I was at first concerned that I might miss something moving from a "luxury" vehicle. However, I am very impressed with the finishes in my Limited Ascent with the 23 package. Of course, the technology is WAY beyond my 2011 MDX, so I am over that. My other concern was the 4 cylinder. I am still not sure why they didn't go with a 6, but the power seems adequate so far and I trust they know what they are doing at Subaru. I was hours from buying a Pilot when the Subaru salesperson I spoke with called to let me know he had received the Blue Abyss Ascent I wanted to see. I took the time to go look and was impressed enough to make a Honda salesperson upset for the day. My ascent was already fitted with a hitch (add on) which was a plus for me as a cyclist. I was going to have to add a hitch to the Pilot.
Anyway, that's my story. This is my second Subaru (I had a 2001 Outback) and I bought an Impreza for my daughter.
Hopefully we can share some insight and learn all the tricks on this techno car together!

·
Registered
913 Posts
The Boxer Turbo 4 has a much better torque curve than the Boxer 6! It's been a common worry, but it really is a very nice engine. I've towed with it with no issues.

Plus if you "light foot" it and stay out of the turbo range (under 2,500 rpm) you can really milk the gas mileage. But it's so much fun to use I'm sapping my mpg for smiles!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts