Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reading at some reviews, looks like we lose 1 mpg by going to 20" low profile tires.
While I prefer the 18" wheels for the xtra rubber to give comfort, it is difficult to find such cars in 8 seats.
Also, if I want sunroof, I will have to take 20" wheels.

Is the mpg and 0-60 ( 6.9 vs 7.3 sec) difference only due to tires or trim levels also play a role?

==
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/ascent/2019/2019-subaru-ascent-first-test-review/

In our acceleration testing, the Premium hit 60 mph in 6.9 seconds and ran the quarter mile in 15.5 seconds at 90.9 mph. The Touring, however, posted a 0-60 mph time of 7.3 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 15.8 seconds at 89.2 mph

·
Registered
16 Posts
Negligible. Will depend much more on how you load and drive it. The higher trims have more / heavier options and heavier wheel / tire combos. EPA and magazine ratings should be taken with a grain of salt.

So far, our ascent is way below EPA (18 MPG on 500 mixed miles) but far too early to detect a trend.

My RAM 1500 diesel is way below after 45000 miles (but it gets worked hard), and it's diesel is just starting to break in. My 2016 VW GTI is about 25% above EPA after 35,000 mi. and I rip on it daily. FWIW our 2012 Outback is about 5% above EPA over my time with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts