Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Ascent low beam bulbs use H11A or H11B? I want to upgrade the stock halogen bulbs to HID 55 Watt 4300K or 4800K (Philips XV2). Does anyone have any night pictures with HID low beams? Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts

I went with this setup because of the integrated can bus in the hylux ballast. Originally I wanted 5500k bulbs but at the time of ordering everyone was back ordered so I went with 6k. Honestly the 6k is a bit blue on warm up but after ignition it’s quite nice to drive with in town.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are B... I wouldn’t go with 55watt. Yes you’ll produce more light but you are gonna decrease the bulb life. I installed hylux 35w 6k H11B HID kit. This is Low bean only. If you want pictures of under the hood let me know. View attachment 5896
They are B... I wouldn’t go with 55watt. Yes you’ll produce more light but you are gonna decrease the bulb life. I installed hylux 35w 6k H11B HID kit. This is Low bean only. If you want pictures of under the hood let me know. View attachment 5896
Thank you @Sparky277.jm
Those HIDs look like they cast a better spread than LEDs. Looking forward to having a similar setup! Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you @Sparky277.jm
Those HIDs look like they cast a better spread than LEDs. Looking forward to having a similar setup! Thank you.
Let me know if you’d like an under hood picture of where I mounted my ballasts and pulled power from. When you buy the kit make sure you get the adapter pigtail from a (I believe) 9005 to H11b. 9005 is what the relay connections are between the cab bus/ ballast

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello,
I ended up going with the below and am super happy with the results. Huge increase over stock and the install was super easy with everything I needed included in the kit. I went 35w 4300k and super impressed with results. I tried some "blue" high powered bulbs in the past that completely sucked and blinded me in the rain and snow over our mountain passes (PNW), never again. These match the color and output of my 17 Legacy's stock HID set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts