Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our climate is hot in summer and cold in winter. Debating whether to go with white Ext and black seats or black Ext and Ivory seats. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Our climate is hot in summer and cold in winter. Debating whether to go with white Ext and black seats or black Ext and Ivory seats. What do you recommend?
I have 2019 limited with white seats in Denver. They work well in climate. I use remote start if it is outside in summer sun for hours to get a head start on cooling off vehicle. It doesn't take long. Same in reverse in winter. I was going into the vehicle at 5am when it had been freezing for many hours. No problem with heated seat, defroster and temp setting warning it up.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,839 Posts
I personally HATE black interiors...both for the heat they generate in the summer and because they make the interior feel smaller. I also have to clean the black portions more often because our dirt is lighter in color it seems. The brown in my Touring pushes my limits but is about the same as the saddle interior I had in my previous vehicle. We went with the light dove gray in Professor Dr SWMBO's new MY20 Forester Limited and I'd take that lighter interior in a heartbeat if it had been available in the Ascent Touring.

IE....interior color is largely a subjective decision, despite potential real or perceived advantages to one color over another. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
We have the black leather interior. Mostly because we thought with 3 growing kids it would be easier to manage. If the kids were in their high school years most likely white would be an option for us. I do like the look of the white interior, goes well with that white part of the dashboard. We have all the seasons in Northern VA. The heated seats helps in the winter. If the car is parked outside or we are worried about jumping into a hot leather seat, we have Orange Mud Transition Wrap towels to cover them with. The towels are there just in case we get dirty out and about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure do appreciate all this quick feedback on seat color. I lean toward the Ivory only because the black seats will be so hot in the summer sun. Sounds like maybe the black shows dirt and dust more too.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I sure do appreciate all this quick feedback on seat color. I lean toward the Ivory only because the black seats will be so hot in the summer sun. Sounds like maybe the black shows dirt and dust more too.
I have not had any issues with maintaining the ivory. This had been a concern prior to purchase.
I have a 2019 so my exterior is blue.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
I prefer the Ivory seats for the same reason @Jim_in_PA stated above, that combined with the big sunroof makes the interior in my Limited feel more open.

One issue with the Ivory is that the dye from blue jeans stains the outside edges of both front seats, where you slide in and out. It comes off ok using a leather cleaner, although this part of the seat isn't leather. I'm sure this is also happening to the other colors, it is just not as noticable.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I prefer the Ivory seats for the same reason @Jim_in_PA stated above, that combined with the big sunroof makes the interior in my Limited feel more open.

One issue with the Ivory is that the dye from blue jeans stains the outside edges of both front seats, where you slide in and out. It comes off ok using a leather cleaner, although this part of the seat isn't leather. I'm sure this is also happening to the other colors, it is just not as noticable.
I have ivory and have not experienced any staining from anything including blue jeans.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
I have ivory and have not experienced any staining from anything including blue jeans.
I am pretty sure that my Levis stone washed are not the cause however, for the sake of marital harmony, I just keep my mouth shut and clean the seats.

Reactions: Bruno

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,839 Posts
I had that happen one time a number of years ago when I had my MY06 Highlander Hybrid Limited with the tan interior...it was one particular pair of jeans, too, but I don't remember the specifics of those pants.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ivory gets my vote. One of my complaints to Subaru is that certain exterior colors only come with certain interior colors.
I wanted a red or blue Ascent,but not a black interior. I wanted the ivory interior and the white exterior was what I settled on.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Ivory gets my vote. One of my complaints to Subaru is that certain exterior colors only come with certain interior colors.
I wanted a red or blue Ascent,but not a black interior. I wanted the ivory interior and the white exterior was what I settled on.
I suspect there is some reason having to do with production costs, but I can not foresee why that would be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 2919 with crimson (red) exterior & white interior. Using it for fishing & camping in the summers in Idaho, & the rest of the year in southwest Florida, the white works best for us. And cleaning is not a problem. A good leather cleaner & soft cloth make it easy-peasy! I'd NEVER have black interior in Florida. Enjoy your Ascent!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have a 2919 with crimson (red) exterior & white interior. Using it for fishing & camping in the summers in Idaho, & the rest of the year in southwest Florida, the white works best for us. And cleaning is not a problem. A good leather cleaner & soft cloth make it easy-peasy! I'd NEVER have black interior in Florida. Enjoy your Ascent!
OK. The consensus is for the ivory so I will go that way. Checked it out today and it does look good but every new car looks good on the lot before its sold and soiled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 2020 touring came with tan/brown which I love with the Red exterior. I don't have issues with temperature difference in South Carolina. It does get cold here in the winter and hot in summer but that's what climate control air vents and seats are good for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 ascent with the ivory seats which I love. But, beware that they will become tinted light blue (along the outside edge) from your jeans. Just some food for thought. I now have a towel on the seat because of this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll echo some of other posters' thoughts. We had ivory in our 2013 Outback and said never again. Our small kids found an ink pen and drew on the rear seat. My wife's jeans (not new, had been washed many times) stained the driver's seat. I tried every product and method known to man to try to clean them when we sold the car. I ended up having to dye those portions of the seats. If you have ivory seats my recommendation is to use an appropriate cleaner and very frequently clean them to remove all traces of stains. I feel like if I had not let the blue build up over time maybe I could have kept it from being permanent.

We live in a hot climate and I've never thought about black leather being too hot (I've had several cars with black leather). The only time I think the seats got uncomfortably hot when when I parked in the sun with a window or the sunroof open and the unfiltered sun shined right on the seats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts