Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! My wife currently has a 2015 Forester, I have a 2018 Outback 3.6. Looking to upgrade my wife. When do you think lease numbers will be out for Ascent?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Technically, if I understand the methodology correctly, it ultimately comes down to what price you can negotiate the dealer down to as far as establishing the value of the vehicle (as if you were going to purchase the car). I was surprised by this cause I used to assume that the numbers that dealers would advertise as the lease price was essentially non-negotiable. However, I have some coworkers who were able to get ridiculous sounding monthly leases on their cars by going through a certain process.
Once that is established, it's a relatively straightforward calculation.

·
Registered
967 Posts
When do you think lease numbers will be out for Ascent?
When the car actually hits our lots. (Or, and this has happened before, about a week AFTER the car hits our lots. That was a mess - had two people wanting to lease the car and we had NO numbers from Subaru Finance to give them, even when we called them. Haven't seen that happen again, but it was fun (!) for a bit.)

The residual and money factor can and do change each and every month. That's why lease rates can change each and every month, and often do.

What's going to be fun is that since this is a new car, there will only be the history of how Subaru's normally perform as the guide - which isn't actually a bad thing. So basically when that section of my screen populates with numbers, that's when we'll have accurate lease numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts