Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received an email from one of the dealer I contacted for pre-order and it says they are getting the Ascent for customer to see on May 16th. I don't think anybody can test drive it, but at least you can get a clear idea and should make a solid decision on pre-order, if you already not done so.
I didn't get any email from my local dealer though :sad:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Today I received an email from one of the dealer I contacted for pre-order and it says they are getting the Ascent for customer to see on May 16th. I don't think anybody can test drive it, but at least you can get a clear idea and should make a solid decision on pre-order, if you already not done so.
I didn't get any email from my local dealer though :sad:
That's because it's their District Manager's Ascent, and it'll be on a rotating basis. We know we'll see an Ascent at some point for this same purpose, we just haven't been told when yet.

It will only be for viewing and no test drives, it's still a pre-production model.

And I figure I'll be using up all of my phone's available memory with pictures, I'll be going to our Ride and Drive early next month.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's because it's their District Manager's Ascent, and it'll be on a rotating basis. We know we'll see an Ascent at some point for this same purpose, we just haven't been told when yet.

It will only be for viewing and no test drives, it's still a pre-production model.

And I figure I'll be using up all of my phone's available memory with pictures, I'll be going to our Ride and Drive early next month.
Ok, thanks.
I already missed the chance to see the Ascent in Auto shows, and I don't want to miss now. Will contact my local dealer for updates.

·
Registered
583 Posts
May Ascent visit

One local dealer emailed me that a Ascent would be on their lot sometime between May 15th & 21st.....They will let me know the exact time/dates very soon.....
I emailed another local dealer that I had been in contact with about when they would have a Ascent on their lot...,,They had no idea what I was talking about.....The dealers are about 20 miles apart.....
Will the “Manager Ascent” visit only some local dealers? How would they choose who to visit ?
I live in California.......

·
Registered
357 Posts
It seems Subaru is kinda funny on things like this, and its also very dealer based I have two dealers close to me one won't even tell you the time of day if you call them and the other will tell you what they had for dinner last night. its kinda odd to me one is so hush hush and the other is not. The one that with holds info always brags about being a stellar care award winner x amount of time, yet the other one that doesn't is the highest volume dealer in the state. I really think it has a lot to do with management at the dealer level not so much Subaru but I could be wrong happens a lot.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well ,the dealer that notified me of the May dates is a relatively new dealer & the other has been around forever....Maybe Subaru is trying to help them boost sales there? Or maybe like many workplaces, the communication within the business is poor and my sales person just has not been told or management does not feel it is important to share.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well ,the dealer that notified me of the May dates is a relatively new dealer & the other has been around forever....Maybe Subaru is trying to help them boost sales there? Or maybe like many workplaces, the communication within the business is poor and my sales person just has not been told or management does not feel it is important to share.
Of the two dealers in my area, one was more than happy to email me as well as discuss the vehicle over the phone, and the other emailed me and said she’d have to check the inventory and get back to me. Never heard from her after that. Starting to look outside my city now..

·
Registered
243 Posts

So are these rotating Ascents by region?....If so, where does Nebraska/Eastern Iowa fall on your Subaru Dealers map?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our Salesman called us yesterday to tell we could come in today during a 2 hour window to see the Ascent. It was a red touring model being driven by a Field Engineer around to dealers in in his area for the dealer and others to look at. We had about an hour to look at it and were allowed to set in it and learn about the car. Were not allowed to drive it, however we were shown the new items such as forward and rear facing cameras etc. It is much better than we had hoped for. We ordered our Touring model in white during the first week of March, this will be our third Subaru and in our opinion this is by far the best. There is nothing not to like. Now it will even harder for us to wait until July.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Our Salesman called us yesterday to tell we could come in today during a 2 hour window to see the Ascent. It was a red touring model being driven by a Field Engineer around to dealers in in his area for the dealer and others to look at. We had about an hour to look at it and were allowed to set in it and learn about the car. Were not allowed to drive it, however we were shown the new items such as forward and rear facing cameras etc. It is much better than we had hoped for. We ordered our Touring model in white during the first week of March, this will be our third Subaru and in our opinion this is by far the best. There is nothing not to like. Now it will even harder for us to wait until July.
getting close to me lol kinda. Our salesman said that he would let us know if one came in to see in person he was thinking that it could be around sometime next month so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could you please check out the other stuff like HK premium audio and infotainment system and compare with your current subaru's?
I never owned any subaru before and I would love to hear more about them...Thanks!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Should have elaborated. The gap between the captains chairs is tighter than expected. There’s leg room throughout if the the captains chairs aren’t all the way back. I’m 5’11’’ and my head had to be tilted in a bit in the 3rd row.
The power lift gate is a pleasant surprise. I usually don’t like that feature, but it does move faster than other vehicles I’ve experienced.
My biggest fear with the smart rear view mirror was it had appeared to lack the garage door control buttons in pictures. That said, it does indeed still have those controls, thankfully. It was the only photo I had time to snap while there.
Another pleasant surprise was the sunglasses holder, if only partway down, has a mirror to see the kids in the back seat. That’s new to me, but perhaps a feature other Subarus have?

·
Registered
583 Posts
John Hine Temecula Subaru(California) will have a Ascent on July 5-10th with a “Launch Event” on the 11th..... call to verify times , etc..
Their email blurb says they will be getting new(preordered)Ascents in sometime from the end of June to mid-July.....

1 - 20 of 96 Posts