Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congratulations to you! She’s a beauty!
Did you preorder or did you get a non preorder?
We are waiting on our blue as well, but opted for the touring edition. It has been a long three months but supposedly two weeks from today ours should be at the dealership. Can’t wait to hear your favorite features and solutions to any early issues you may find!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations to you! She’s a beauty!
Did you preorder or did you get a non preorder?
We are waiting on our blue as well, but opted for the touring edition. It has been a long three months but supposedly two weeks from today ours should be at the dealership. Can’t wait to hear your favorite features and solutions to any early issues you may find!
cool!

I reserved mine 3 weeks ago from a batch that was already allocated to Premier Subaru (in Fremont). The sales person told me many of their Ascent's had not yet been spoken for, so I picked a white one. ETA for delivery was around 7/20.

I went in on Saturday to change to blue, and they had about 8 on the lot (including the white on I reserved). Luckily, the blue was still available, so I quickly snatched it.

So far it's awesome. We have 4 (young) kids and both my wife and I need a larger vehicle due to our schedules where some days she needs to drop off all 4 kids and then in the afternoon I need to pick up all 4. We fit fantastically over the weekend. I ordered some Yakima cross bars, a front+rear dash cam, and a hitch cargo rack.

One issue I found so far is the infotainment system does freeze quite often. It does not freeze or lag when using apple carplay or android auto, only when using the built in subaru stuff. it's kind of annoying, but im thinking subaru will push out an update soon to fix the bugs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also last night the blind spot monitoring system had some issues on the passenger side.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This will be our first Subaru as well so I’m eagerly awaiting the learning curve. From our must have list the Ascent is the best match for us by a long shot.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
We picked up our Ascent on Saturday 6/30/18. Limited in blue with Harmon Kardon package.

Love this car! It's our first Subaru and I totally get why Subaru customer are so brand loyal.
How tall is this man?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
awesome ride! love the blue. was able to test drive the ascent at that same dealership in fremont. put my pre-order in right away. were you able to get below MSRP? seems like dealers around the bay area are locked in at selling for MSRP, nothing less...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup. MSRP. I inquired at 7 dealerships around the Bay. Two wanted higher than MSRP. The rest wanted MSRP, so I gave up.

Reserved it at Fremont Premier Subaru for MSRP since they're the closest to my home.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Congrats! Love the blue!

We should bring back the old school i-club meets when more bay area folks get their ascent. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.