Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pre-order has been in since March and haven't seen one in person yet.

Got this pic that shows size compared to new Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Are you sure this isn't the CRV? These are the Ascent vs Pilot measurements from the Subaru website?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know what it is...maybe just the angle...but there is a significant size difference (visually) between those 2 vehicles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't take the picture but the person who was there said it was a Pilot. People who got to see one in person all seemed to comment on the size was but I never never could find a picture of one beside another vehicle for comparison. Guess it is as big as they say. I've talked to two people since ordering my Ascent that both said they really considered an Outback but it just wasn't quote large enough. When you compare all the features and technology for the money Honda and Toyota are probably a little nervous about this one. They're all good vehicles but even with their optional AWD the Highlander and Pilot just don't compare. I'm a member in good standing of the Cult Of Subaru and this will be my 7th Subaru so of course I'm biased. I'm also a self confessed nerd who loves to do the research and that's what keeps me in a Subaru. Anybody else remember the Loyale? That engine ran so smooth that when you came to a stop at a traffic light you thought the car shut off because you couldn't hear or feel the engine at all. That's when the love affair started for me.

·
Registered
644 Posts

That picture is deceiving. I have been inside the Ascent and Pilot and it's close. i think the Pilot has a lower grade interior vs the Ascent which isn't anything special. The benchmark IMO is the CX9.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That picture is deceiving. I have been inside the Ascent and Pilot and it's close. i think the Pilot has a lower grade interior vs the Ascent which isn't anything special. The benchmark IMO is the CX9.
Driving performance they bench marked the CX-9 but that is it. The Ascent is way bigger than the Mazda. For size comparison they made it just bigger than the Explorer, Pilot and Highlander.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Driving performance they bench marked the CX-9 but that is it. The Ascent is way bigger than the Mazda. For size comparison they made it just bigger than the Explorer, Pilot and Highlander.
I agree, I was talking about interior quality/fit and finish. It seemed to me the CX9 was a touch more upscale

·
Registered
442 Posts
I don't know what it is...maybe just the angle...but there is a significant size difference (visually) between those 2 vehicles

Never compare anything shot with wide angle lenses. At least 50mm to be accurate and you won't be able to fit both subjects into the frame.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Never compare anything shot with wide angle lenses. At least 50mm to be accurate and you won't be able to fit both subjects into the frame.
Excellent point. That looks like wide angle and when using wide angle, anything not directly at the center has distortion.

·
Registered
442 Posts
My brother has a 16 pilot, same as the one pictured but they haven't been over for us to compare it. Looking at the specs, the ascent has more room especially in the cargo area.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Actually length wise the CX-9 is longer but the cabin space is smaller than the Ascent. It is one of the reasons it is really hard to justify the CX-9 in my book. The other being the tiny third row and no Android Auto (yes it is coming and has been for 2 years now). With that the cargo space is also smaller.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

That is trick photography to make the Subaru look significantly larger. The 2" difference in length could never be discerned from a distance. The Pilot is wider though by that same 2". Cargo space behind the 3rd row is not significant in either vehicle.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That is trick photography to make the Subaru look significantly larger. The 2" difference in length could never be discerned from a distance. The Pilot is wider though by that same 2". Cargo space behind the 3rd row is not significant in either vehicle.
3 more cubic feet of total storage is significant though IMO. That's the space of just over 22 gallons of liquid.

·
Registered
70 Posts
first time subaru buyer here..

i made my 3 row suv homework....

Subaru won HANDS DOWN best technology, price and space... no comparison..

other brands will have to step up their game..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pilot is bulkier, as it is little wider, and Subaru is sleek one. So I got Ascent. 3rd row is much comfortable in Ascent than Pilot, as you got thigh support in Ascent. So far am happy with Ascent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts