Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Subaru Ascent owner and would like to thank you all for your helpful advice. By reading your posts I was able to purchase an extended warranty from Luke Corcione at a great price!

I hope this info will help other families with our problem. I have a really tall son (6'7") and we were limited to finding a vehicle with seating that would accommodate him.

His height is in his upper leg, not torso - so sitting in the first or second row can be a real challenge. He currently drives a Dodge Challenger with the driver seat all the way back, so seating in his car is limited to 3 people.

We cruised down NJ Rt. 22 stopping at each dealership looking for a SUV to fit our requirement. He found that the Ascent was a much better fit in both rows than was the Chevy Traverse. Forget all the other major car companies. There was no leg room.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I am a new Subaru Ascent owner and would like to thank you all for your helpful advice. By reading your posts I was able to purchase an extended warranty from Luke Corcione at a great price!

I hope this info will help other families with our problem. I have a really tall son (6'7") and we were limited to finding a vehicle with seating that would accommodate him.

His height is in his upper leg, not torso - so sitting in the first or second row can be a real challenge. He currently drives a Dodge Challenger with the driver seat all the way back, so seating in his car is limited to 3 people.

We cruised down NJ Rt. 22 stopping at each dealership looking for a SUV to fit our requirement. He found that the Ascent was a much better fit in both rows than was the Chevy Traverse. Forget all the other major car companies. There was no leg room.
Hurray for tallies!

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Ascent is also good for short drivers. My wife is barely 5 feet while I am 6 foot 1, however, I have short legs. ( very tall torso, 28 inch inseam). My whole life I have owned large SUV’s or big trucks. When it comes time for my wife and I purchase a new car we need one that works for the both of us. The Ascent is perfect for short and tall. By the way my wife could not safely sit in a new Odyssey, Pacifica, or Atlas. We are very much looking forward to our Ascent in September.
This forum is a great source of good information. We appreciate those people who make this possible!

·
Registered
171 Posts
This past weekend I attended a hometown event with our local new Subaru retailer. They setup the entire product lineup - the Ascent was a popular curiosity - including with tall and short couples that found accommodating comfort in the pilot seat courtesy of the auto seat selector. The first thing the all tall guys did was to check the headroom..... smiles all around?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm 6'5" and was blown away by how much head and leg room the Ascent provides. It's the first car I've ever sat in that I didn't have the driver's seat moved to the far back position. I did two test drives and then ordered my Ascent in August. I still don't have a specific delivery date but the dealer says it's coming sometime in November. I hope early November... it's been 10 weeks and I'm getting antsy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great information in this thread.

I am 6’5” with a 37” inseam and will add the Ascent to our list of new vehicles to check out when it’s time to replace our SUV. It’s always been a challenge finding a solution with sufficient leg room.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Oldoarsman you should find the Ascent to have good leg room. I’m 6’7” and found that the Ascent has more leg room than most other cars and trucks. I just finished a 4000 mile driving vacation in it with no complaints.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
behind a tall driver the second row will not have much room in the Ascent or most any other car or pickup

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am about 6’2 and I would say it’s decent. I like the extend lumber for the legs which we didn’t have in 4Runner. I think my only issues are is I wish the seat would go down a little lower. I feel like I am sitting too high. Second is the I think rear leg room is decent behind me but not great. If i have someone sitting behind me I just usually move up a little to let have a little more room.

·
Registered
777 Posts
My wife is 5'10" and my son is 6'2". With the 2nd row capt chair ( touring) all the way back, my wife has to have the front passenger seat forward enough that her knees graze the light tan lip/shelf on the passenger side of the dash, for my son to have legroom. There is just enough headroom for my son in the 2nd row. We do probably have the front passenger seatback a couple of degrees further back than normal, because without the thigh extension on the passenger side, we feel the front of the bottom seat cushion is low and gives us the sensation of sliding forward out of the seat otherwise.

I am 6' and my son cannot sit behind me in the 2nd row, As I would have to keep my seat too far forward to comfortably drive..

I don't think this would be an issue for most people but if you are relatively tall, or have kids who are, it's best to have them check out the car. About a month ago, when I had considered the palisade calligraphy(due to a ridiculously good offer), that had more room for us, as did the cx9 ( although all bets are off regarding the 3rd row & cargo space on the latter).

And you also have to consider individual posture and seatback angles and all that stuff when factoring in which car has more room. Informally, I think the ascent had the most front row legroom of any of the cars were looked at, but I couldn't necessarily say that for 1st and 2nd row combined legroom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.