Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little late to the party but here’s our Ascent. Wife tasked me with making it “cooler”. Wheels are 20x8.5 +40 BBS CI-R, tires are Michelin Primacy A/S 255/50, and wrap is 3M Satin Dark Grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Love the wheels, but I don't know how the other half would feel about them. After all, it's her Ascent...I'm just lucky enough to get to chauffeur her around. :grin:

·
Registered
494 Posts
You got yourself a cool wife! The wrap looks great.

Are those the quickjacks? How do you like them?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Love the Quickjack. Just got it in Feb (5000 EXT). A buddy had one and brought it over to work on my STI and I was hooked and couldn’t wait to get one.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks. Love the Quickjack. Just got it in Feb (5000 EXT). A buddy had one and brought it over to work on my STI and I was hooked and couldn’t wait to get one.

Awesome! Been thinking about getting a set as well. What are you using to power them? Just plugging them in an outlet?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wrap & wheels look great!
Where did you get the Wrap done and what was the approximate cost if you don't mind sharing
Thanks, appreciate it. Wrap was around $2700 from Wraptor Wraps near San Diego. Not sure if the next one he does will be the same price or not because he said removing the headliner to wrap the roof was a bigger PITA than he anticipated.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, appreciate it. Wrap was around $2700 from Wraptor Wraps near San Diego. Not sure if the next one he does will be the same price or not because he said removing the headliner to wrap the roof was a bigger PITA than he anticipated.

From what I have read, the wraps can last 5 + years in the right climate.

My wfe wants an Ascent and she wants a dark red color, The Crimson Red pearl is not dark enough.

We were considering getting a White Limited with 3M-1080-Gloss-Black-Cherry

We are not very familiar with Wraps and how long they last, the fact that the wrap can be washed and will serve to actually protect the paint underneath is a huge benefit. The idea of changing the color is nice too

·
Registered
70 Posts
My friend just wrapped his tesla in this satin dark grey color.... but I have to say, bravo! Your Ascent is lookin sharp like this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
sorry if this is a dumb question, but why did he need to remove interior parts (headliner) to wrap the exterior of your car?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yessir. Just plugs into the wall outlet. I store them up against the wall when not using them.

Making it harder to find reasons not to pick up a set now. hahaha The thought of not having to driving my WRX on ramps then jacking her up makes me happy. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
sorry if this is a dumb question, but why did he need to remove interior parts (headliner) to wrap the exterior of your car?
Likely because there was "exterior" color visible in the moonroof area, etc., so they had to get to the edges to avoid the original color glaring through in those areas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice Skeeter....

I wanted to do the same on my dark metallic grey Ascent but I got a quote of almost 5K here in WA. So I only did the front part of the Ascent to protect from road debris.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No worries. So the edges don’t peel. Took the roof rails off, wrapped the roof, and put everything back together.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yessir. Just plugs into the wall outlet. I store them up against the wall when not using them.

Making it harder to find reasons not to pick up a set now. hahaha The thought of not having to driving my WRX on ramps then jacking her up makes me happy.
The Ascent is the wife’s car. Mine is a lowered STI and the Quickjack works great.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.