49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one from Cali got their ascent?

Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any one from Cali got their ascent?
My rep reaffirmed our Touring in Blue will be here ready to take this Thursday at the Livermore dealership.

Haven’t read elsewhere of any other buyers on the west coast receiving their ascents yet. On Thursday I’ll ask the rep if she knows if any ascents have been sold in the expanded area.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My rep reaffirmed our Touring in Blue will be here ready to take this Thursday at the Livermore dealership.

Haven’t read elsewhere of any other buyers on the west coast receiving their ascents yet. On Thursday I’ll ask the rep if she knows if any ascents have been sold in the expanded area.
Sssoooooo excited for you! Makes me want to go down to the port in Richmond and try to catch a glimpse of them being unloaded but I am sure security is tight....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Lucky your rep is actively monitoring your order, mine I have to call Subaru and check with my rep to confirm the information but can't tell me any date just July/August. I'm in SoCal by the way (Ventura County)

·
Registered
9 Posts
When did you preorder? We’re you able to get sub MSRP prices? Livermore was pretty set on MSRP when I talked to them.
Mid Feb. Yeah they wouldn’t budge on the price. Sold at MSRP. I called around to the other few Subaru dealerships in the Bay Area and they wouldn’t budge either.

I do have a $500 ambassador discount, hopefully they accept that at the least.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Sssoooooo excited for you! Makes me want to go down to the port in Richmond and try to catch a glimpse of them being unloaded but I am sure security is tight....
Do itttt! Hope you have a good long range lense! Thanks. Hopefully I can get a few photos up on Thursday.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When did you preorder? We’re you able to get sub MSRP prices? Livermore was pretty set on MSRP when I talked to them.
Early June, I've waited to test drive the pre-production one before pre-ordering, I was in the impression that it will be build in like 6-8 weeks and I want to take delivery around 2nd week of August then I found this forum, now I'm wishing should have ordered earlier, wish I live close to Indiana, wish it's August already. The dealership is firm at MSRP, and Costco doesn't even help. Most other dealers around my area charges MSRP and some are hundreds more and have no service (no free 2 year maintenance), so I went with this dealership.

Is it August already? I can skip 4th of July holiday as long as I have my ascent parked in my garage.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I havent received a VIN or an update status beyond August (the original eta the sales rep gave me).

Although, I did receive an email from the Fresno dealer a few weeks back with some dates for their shipment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Which dealership? If you preordered and was handed/emailed a cost sheet, that should lock it in price wise.
If you didn't sign any contracts, there is no "price lock." Obviously a good reputable dealership should honor their price they quoted you, but nothing legal is forcing them to honor it /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
That’s disturbing and now my stomach just twisted into knots. Thanks Jason lol.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you didn't sign any contracts, there is no "price lock." Obviously a good reputable dealership should honor their price they quoted you, but nothing legal is forcing them to honor it :(

Sad but true. I'm hoping it's not the same dealer I went to. I'd be quite upset if the sales rep suddenly decides to up the price on me.

Guess we'll have to wait to find out which dealer vaals went to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My car will arrive on Thursday June 28th (night time) and a rep from the dealership (Capitol Subaru in San Jose, CA) set my appointment on Friday at 5:30PM for paper work and delivery. They did say if they receive it earlier in the day on June 28th I can do the paperwork earlier. I put my name down on the waiting list on February 1st (before the pre-order in mid February). Price has not been negotiated yet. I do have a loyalty coupon $500.00 and ambassador coupon $500.00 that i plan on using towards the purchase. On a side note... AAA sent me a certificate that states "your guaranteed savings certificate is at least $1,068 off MSRP for any in-stock 2019 Subaru 2.4T 8-passenger" - Only problem is I want touring 7 passenger.

·
Registered
583 Posts
We just got our call here in so cal. ETA of July 2. Call came in this morning.
Who is your dealer..... when did you order and what was your original ETA ....? It’s nice to have a dealer that actually calls you ...My car , if and when it ever arrives will probably be there a week before my dealer calls..Well, it It gives me time to write my glowing review of his dealership.....:devil:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Who is your dealer..... when did you order and what was your original ETA ....? It’s nice to have a dealer that actually calls you ...My car , if and when it ever arrives will probably be there a week before my dealer calls..Well, it It gives me time to write my glowing review of his dealership.....:devil:
Please copy me on the review. I have a slight feeling you are going to put out a masterpiece :p

1 - 20 of 69 Posts