Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if our Ascent factory crossbars are long enough to hold (2) Thule Hullavator Pro kayak racks?
I'm needing these for assisting on lifting 2 kayaks onto my Ascent. Thanks
Auto part Automotive exterior Font
Ascent roof.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,214 Posts
There may be a thread or threads in this forum area that are helpful on this topic...

Reactions: Howard Green

·
Registered
108 Posts
I dow't know the length of the Subaru bars but I use the yakama 72" bars that I cut down to 66". I have two sets of Hulavators and one set of Yakama sweetrollers between the 2 so I can carry three kayaks (the three Kayaks are all narrow between 19" and 22"). I wouldn't use any bar that is shorter than 64" as you would be getting to close to the sides and mirrors.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
As far as I understand it, the standard Aero crossbars won't work. You'd need the Aero Extended crossbars, or similar Thule crossbars, that extend beyond the side of the vehicle. Otherwise, you'd need to use a few different mounting brackets to create a similar solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I understand it, the standard Aero crossbars won't work. You'd need the Aero Extended crossbars, or similar Thule crossbars, that extend beyond the side of the vehicle. Otherwise, you'd need to use a few different mounting brackets to create a similar solution.
Thanks Robert, I'm back and forth between the hullavator and J racks. I don't like the crossbars extending over the Ascent too far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts