Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 2021 Ascent Touring, and once it arrives I want to try to make the rear lights to C lights, which is similar to 2020 Forester rear lights or something like Ascent Concept rear lights.
I'm trying to put red overlay on the turn signal and smoke overlay on the reverse and do chrome deletes.
This will still not illuminate the red sections on the trunk. Has anyone try to make this section illuminate?
Or has anyone try to make the rear lights into c shaped lights?

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
I just ordered 2021 Ascent Touring, and once it arrives I want to try to make the rear lights to C lights, which is similar to 2020 Forester rear lights or something like Ascent Concept rear lights.
I'm trying to put red overlay on the turn signal and smoke overlay on the reverse and do chrome deletes.
This will still not illuminate the red sections on the trunk. Has anyone try to make this section illuminate?
I've been so wishing ours did that too... interested in seeing what you all figure out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I never understood why they couldn't have put in a couple of LEDs to illuminate the tailgate portion of the lights for better visibility.

Reactions: Cannibal869

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you have some photos of what you are talking about?

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
Do you have some photos of what you are talking about?
The whole things glows, and, the driver side is in the shape of a C. Here's the Ascent concept to show what he means, and what the Ascent could have been like.

I too am looking at ways of lighting up the liftgate reflector area.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
I'm not near my Ascent. So now it is just a reflector for the two lines going to the center?
Correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts