Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealerships in my town do not offer the VIP pricing. I'm only interested in the BASE model only 31995+ 975 = 32970; don't forget the 8.35 TX sales tax plus doc fee, registration and DMV and dealership fees

Cash is king

I know they get more out of financing but I have cash. No trade in either.

What is a reasonable OUT THE DOOR number I can offer them without being too greedy?:dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
That's 6.25% tax for car in TX. The 8.25% is for other types of stuff.

cash is king but that's not the way to look at it for car buying these days, you gotta be as clever as the salesman to negotiate to have desirable outcome. Base model do not bring as much profit as the Touring, so the likelihood of getting it below invoice is slim. I believe they sell 1 Base model of every 10 Ascent. So the inventory waiting game is a good strategy to get it low price.

GL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's 6.25% tax for car in TX. The 8.25% is for other types of stuff.

cash is king but that's not the way to look at it for car buying these days, you gotta be as clever as the salesman to negotiate to have desirable outcome. Base model do not bring as much profit as the Touring, so the likelihood of getting it below invoice is slim. I believe they sell 1 Base model of every 10 Ascent. So the inventory waiting game is a good strategy to get it low price.

GL
How do I find out what others are paying OTD for base model?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I can't help you with that, I don't think there's a thread or database for it.

I didn't go thru the VIP program but was able to get it at ~invoice (Limited w/ hitch for $40.5K OTD). I emailed all the internet salesmen. I called and talked to the lowest bid salesman to get the details just to show that I was serious. I made an offer over email and got a counteroffer. I politely rejected the offering and waited for 3-4weeks, and made another offer. Act like you don't want the car until another 6mo because that's what I meant. Keep in mind, the word "invoice" has a different meaning than you think and it's part of their complex transaction process w/ SOA.

The invoice for yours is $31,002 from Costco. I think $31K to $33K is a good deal, just depend on where you are in TX.

I'm jealous. I wish I can take that $30K and put into my mortgage.

GL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts